+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Coding Thread, Proxy Switch - Change proxy settings at the click of a button in Coding and Web Development; I have writen a Proxy changer software in Visual Basic 6. We put it on all our 6th for Laptops ...
    Thank Post

Proxy Changer

I have writen a Proxy changer software in Visual Basic 6.

We put it on all our 6th for Laptops and then removed the connections tab from the IE Settings.

When a member of staff or a student log's on it runs proxy changer and asks if they are at school or at home and then set's up the proxy settings.

The staff LOVE IT and it saves them going in and ticking/ unticking the settings.

It also stops them bypassing the schools filtered internet since the proxy is hard coded into the software.

Customised copies for your school going for 10, just let me know Name of school and Proxy settings

Regards
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by painejake View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know about a project I've been working on for a week now.

I guess the best way of you getting more information is by visiting the website I smacked up for it quickly here: Proxy Switch

Quite excited about the project as its my first project of this sort and my first program (or time using..) C# and .NET 4.

Although there isn't a release just yet wanted to get some feedback really on if people (other than the school I work at) would be interested in using something like this.

Can't wait to hear what you guys think about it

(Have a good bank holiday weekend too and I hope this doesn't sound like a sales pitch.... )

Thank Post
    Excuse me this is my Proxy Switch thread. If people want to use the Proxy Switch in the original post, It along with the source can be downloaded for FREE here: Linky

Thank Post

Sorry

Very Sorry, was just letting you know I have done the same.

I have look at yours and It's great.

Ours serves a more specific purpose. We have two Proxies one filtered, one unfiltered.
    Our students found out the UnFiltered Proxy and was using it for all sorts.
    So I HARDCODED the proxy in, which is SPECIFIC to our school.

Yours, and this is ment with no disrespect could still be altered by clever students to use whatever proxy they could find.

It's still a great piece of coding very nice and easy sat the the system tray, you have to physically run mine.

Sorry for intruding on your thread.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by painejake View Post
    Excuse me this is my Proxy Switch thread. If people want to use the Proxy Switch in the original post, It along with the source can be downloaded for FREE here: Linky

Thank Post
    just trying this on my win7x64 bos and it loads but gives the error "the remote name could not be resolved: proxyswitch.co.uk' " and if i edit the Config.prsw (even running the editor as administrator as i leave uac on) when i try and turn proxy on it tells me "the configuration file could not be found! please contact the sysadmin"

Thank Post
    I have been very busy lately but updated Proxy Switch to v1.2. The website has now moved onto Google Code and can be accessed here: https://code.google.com/p/proxyswitch/

(If a mod could update the original post with that link would be great!)

It is now in a much 'better' form and runs a lot smoother. Any feedback is always appreciated. This will fix the issue you are having sted. Its OK Graham thanks for the apology.
    Last edited by painejake; 12th November 2010 at 10:08 AM.

Thank Post
    I wrote something similar to this for my school that loads at startup on staff laptops only. Student have no need for it.

Proxy settings are forced to our internal proxy via gpo and so the user doesnt need to change them. The useful part is when staff takes their laptops home where they can then select "Home" via right click on a task bar icon that clears the proxy settings. Settings are hard coded as is the additioanl "Unfiltered proxy" shown only to domain admins.

Works well so far..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p-dave View Post
    yer that was it made thanks

I'll have another go, but last time it wouldnt save it, saying something is invaild

Could that be due do a newer version of autoit?
    you'll have to put in some more includes of various types for buttons and the like, I've wrote a similar one where after filling in a form for user profiles server, proxy (which is encrypted), etc etc, if using on an RM network it'll map a drive to the users home directory (non presistant) and setting the proxy settings, all done by logging in with their network username.

Thank Post
    to be honest i just use this code. If you want to remove the proxy from say a laptop when a user takes it home just add it in to the logoff script. and then let the gpo do the rest when its plugged back in.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12