+ Post New Thread
Coding Thread, MRBS php/sql editing in Coding and Web Development; HI All, We have managed to get the MRBS system working now and we are pretty happy with it. Before ...
    Thank Post

MRBS php/sql editing

HI All,
    We have managed to get the MRBS system working now and we are pretty happy with it. Before we move onto loading it with data though I need to make a couple of changes to the field names. However I cant find out where to change the data anywhere! I have looked through all the files and can find reference to the the correct variables but not sure what I need to change.
    Basically I want to change the description of the first 2 fields when adding a booking (variables are 'name' and 'description' I think but they are labeled as 'brief description' and 'full description').

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Thank Post
    You will find most (if not all) text that is visible to the user in one of the lang files. Assuming you are using english, that will be lang.en. If you only want to change what the user sees that should be all you need to change. The option is under "// Used in edit_entry.php".

If you start changing the sql field names, then you will have to make many changes in most of the php files, which will be a pain when you choose to upgrade to a new version. The MRBS mailing list is probably the best place to ask that sort of question. You will need to change at least day.php, month.php, week.php, edit_entry.php, edit_entry_handler.php, report.php and probably more.

I would strongly recommend only making custom changes to the code if absolutely necessary. Changes to lang files are much easier to redo come the new version.
    Last edited by Chris_Cook; 8th March 2010 at 02:39 PM.

3. 2 Thanks to Chris_Cook:

dirtydog (8th March 2010), skawarrior (16th March 2010)

Thank Post
    thanks for that, a colleague however managed to find the bit we needed this morning exactly where you said in the lang.en file!
    we only wanted to add some more details so we haven't had to make any changes to other files.
    A couple of changes to the CSS and I have it looking how we want!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread