Got 15 minutes? Give Ruby a shot right now!
Ruby is a programming language from Japan (available at ruby-lang.org) which is revolutionizing the web. The beauty of Ruby is found in its balance between simplicity and power.
Try out Ruby code in the prompt above. In addition to Ruby's builtin methods, the following commands are available:
* help Start the 15 minute interactive tutorial. Trust me, it's very basic!
* help 2 Hop to chapter two.
* clear Clear screen. Useful if your browser starts slowing down. Your command history will be remembered.
* back Go back one screen in the tutorial.
* reset Reset the interpreter if you get too deep. (or Ctrl-D!)
* next Allows you to skip to the next section of a lesson.
* time A stopwatch. Prints the time your session has been open.
try ruby! (in your browser)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)