Coding Thread, VB.Net Help in Coding and Web Development; Hi,
I need help with VB.Net. In fact i need help with programming full stop. I cant get my head ...
22nd March 2006, 08:40 PM #1
- Rep Power
I need help with VB.Net. In fact i need help with programming full stop. I cant get my head around how i would start with a project.
Can anyone offer help? i am willing to pay for your time if need be
29th June 2007, 06:00 AM #2
- Rep Power
Re: VB.Net Help
To do a project - Design an application based on three tier architecture including Data Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer using Class Libraries, with Microsoft's VB 2005 you need to:
- Write Stored Procedures for implementing business logics, inlcuding inserting, updating, retrieving and deleting data from SQL Server 2005 database.
- Add, edit and delete data in Datagridview control placed on a Visual Basic form.
-Call Stored Procedures in C# 2005 and VB 2005 applications.
- implement Overloading and Overriding in a database application.
- architecture of ADO .Net (Disconnected architecture) and build superior database applications using Visual Basic 2005, C# 2005 and SQL Server 2005.
- use .Net DataProvider components including Connection, Command, DataReader and DataAdapter
- Use both OLEDB and SQLServer DataProviders right in your application.
- access a database using DataReader. Learn -
- Establishing a connection with Connection object
- Executing commands with Command objects
- use DataReader to read data from the database
- access a database using DataSet. Learn -
- establishing connection with Connection object
- Instantiating Command object
- Instantiating DataAdapters
- Setting DataAdapter Command properties, Select Command, Insert Command, Delete Command and Update Command
- populating the DataSet using the DataAdapter in Visual Basic
- Typed vs UnTyped DataSets
- Creating the DataSet object
- Populating the DataSet using the DataAdapter
Navigating through Dataset
Updating DataSet using DataTable and DataRow objects
Updating the Database using DataSet and DataAdapter
Detecting and handling changes to data in a DataSet
Accepting or Rejecting changes to data in a DataSet
Clearing records in a DataSet
Copying structure of a DataSet to a new datatable
Filtering the DataSet and Populate the Listbox
Moving to a particular row in the DataSet using the Binding Context object
Program a transaction with ADO .Net using Transaction object
Implement Visual Inheritence in Windows forms in Visual Basic Database Application
Create a Class Library for Data Layer and Business Layer in Visual Basic
try the book :
database programming using vb 2005, c# 2005, and sql server 2005.
29th June 2007, 04:24 PM #3
Re: VB.Net Help
What's the problem in your school that needs coding to solve?
There maybe something already available to achieve the same ends
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)