+ Post New Thread
Coding Thread, Automated Bulk User Creation in Coding and Web Development; Hi all, Late last year I set myself a goal. I wanted to create a bulk user reation tool completely ...

Thank Post

Post Automated Bulk User Creation

Hi all,

Late last year I set myself a goal. I wanted to create a bulk user reation tool completely in BATCH.
    I prefer BATCH to other scripting languages such as PS and VBS because of it's ease of use and because it runs
    completely on tolls included on every modern Windows PC. So I set up a fully functioning test lab containing an
    Exchange server, DC, web server and file server. This was everything that I needed in order to test and develop the script.

I later realised this was not possible when I got around to adding e-mail accounts for the users. For this I had to
    turn to PowerShell in order to make it work however the solution I came up with ended up only needing to be one line.

At the moment the script is at 144 lines. Comparing this to many other programs of the type, it is remarkably small.

Make sure to read the documentation included before running the script in order to lower the chances of breaking the script etc.
    To run the script all you need to do is extract the RAR file attached, edit the settings file to suit your needs, create a user list file and run either the batch file or the exe included.

If you have any feedback or anything for me feel free to contact me on the forums or through either of the email addresses I've included in the information file.

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. 2 Thanks to JacksonVD:

Ephelyon (6th July 2014), IWDave (7th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Ah - finally someone who shares my views on the wonders of batch scripting!

Thank Post
    If anyone has tested this or used it, please let me know if it worked for you or didn't so I can fix it - or you can have a go fixing it yourselves if you want to

Thank Post

Automated Bulk User Creation - V1.1

I've made some edits to the script and added a function for using a different mailbox other than the regular student mailbox database for staff members. I optimised the script a little - it creates three users in around 20 seconds on a Server 2008 VM with 1 gigabyte of RAM. Let me know if you'd like anything added or changed, feel free to change the script to fit your needs anyway. Changing all these sections makes me wonder how short a PowerShell script would be with the same functions, I might get onto that. I changed the ICO for the EXE to fit with the new version of the script and I think it looks better. If you don't trust the EXE feel free to just run the BATCH script but note that you'll need to run it as Administrator due to all the domain calls and the like.

Please check the Documentation folder for an example UserList that will need to be used with the script. For some reason the attachment is far smaller than the original version which is weird.. Hopefully it all works haha
    Attached Files Attached Files

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread