+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Coding Thread, should i go for ios or android app development? in Coding and Web Development; i have both, Android and Apple. i'm even computer student from india. i'm just confused what to decide. is ios ...

Thank Post

should i go for ios or android app development?

i have both, Android and Apple. i'm even computer student from india. i'm just confused what to decide. is ios app development easy than android?
    i don't even know any simple app to develop but i'm interested in this field. what are your suggestions?

Thank Post
    i forgot to add that i use windows. i don't have mac. still ios development possible in windows?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hiren43 View Post
    i have both, Android and Apple. i'm even computer student from india. i'm just confused what to decide. is ios app development easy than android?
    i don't even know any simple app to develop but i'm interested in this field. what are your suggestions?
    You could try Adobe PhoneGap - you write your phone / tablet app in HTML, Javascript, etc (on Windows, Mac, or whatever), then distribute to both iOS and Android (and Windows Phone and a couple of others, if I remember correctly). It includes Javascript APIs to allow you to use the hardware features of the device, you aren't quite as sandboxed as in a standard browser. I'm guessing performance isn't as good as if you'd written native app code for each platform, but I'm guessing that in most instances you won't notice the difference.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    You could try Adobe PhoneGap - you write your phone / tablet app in HTML, Javascript, etc (on Windows, Mac, or whatever), then distribute to both iOS and Android (and Windows Phone and a couple of others, if I remember correctly). It includes Javascript APIs to allow you to use the hardware features of the device, you aren't quite as sandboxed as in a standard browser. I'm guessing performance isn't as good as if you'd written native app code for each platform, but I'm guessing that in most instances you won't notice the difference.
    so are you saying that i only have to write code for either android or ios?

Thank Post
    i just have downloaded app 'adobe air' on android which is alternate of 'phonegap'. i will learn about it soon. and what API and Frameworks you would recommend me to learn before jumping into development? for both ios and android

Thank Post
    No, you write one lot of code, it works on multiple devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc).

Thank Post
    No, you write one lot of code, it works on multiple devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc).
    yeah thanks. that must be complex thing

Thank Post
    i just have downloaded app 'adobe air' on android which is alternate of 'phonegap'. i will learn about it soon. and what API and Frameworks you would recommend me to learn before jumping into development? for both ios and android

Thank Post
    Adobe Air's developers pages start here:

Learn AIR | Adobe AIR Developer Center

I get the impression Phonegap lets you bundle an app for sale in iOS / Android app store more easily than just developing an application for Adobe Air - Adobe Air looks to be the Flash runtime ported to use HTML / Javascript.

Thank Post
    Adobe Air's developers pages start here:

Learn AIR | Adobe AIR Developer Center

I get the impression Phonegap lets you bundle an app for sale in iOS / Android app store more easily than just developing an application for Adobe Air - Adobe Air looks to be the Flash runtime ported to use HTML / Javascript.
    so would you please link me to 'phonegap' app? cuz i already did and couldn't find on playstore. thats why i downloaded air.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 2,007 Posts
    link me to 'phonegap' app?
    http://phonegap.com/install

Personally I hate apps created with crappy middleware programs like PhoneGap because they never look like native apps on any platform and often have performance issues (like jerky/slow scrolling). Both surefire ways of getting poor reviews on the app stores.

what API and frameworks you would recommend me to learn before jumping into development? for both iOS and Android
    Objective-C for iOS and Java for Android.

Btw, to publish an app on Apple's App Store costs $99 USD per year, whereas to do the same on the Google Play Store costs $25 USD (this is a one-off fee).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    http://phonegap.com/install

Personally I hate apps created with crappy middleware programs like PhoneGap because they never look like native apps on any platform and often have performance issues (like jerky/slow scrolling). Both surefire ways of getting poor reviews on the app stores.

Objective-C for iOS and Java for Android.

Btw, to publish an app on Apple's App Store costs $99 USD per year, whereas to do the same on the Google Play Store costs $25 USD (this is a one-off fee).
    so what do you think is better app for developing?
    thanks for informing about submitting app to store.
    and i know basic java and objective c. but i have to learn some specific concepts for C and Java for this. Java is endless thing to learn. would you tell me what concepts i should learn?

Thank Post
    Take a miss on Adobe Air, PhoneGap or anything like that. Maybe Adobe air for games/high media content.

What are you looking to achieve here? A hobby, a job, or just for the experience?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmartstudent View Post
    Take a miss on Adobe Air, PhoneGap or anything like that. Maybe Adobe air for games/high media content.

What are you looking to achieve here? A hobby, a job, or just for the experience?
    my career

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmartstudent View Post

job......

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast