+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Coding Thread, Creating a form in Coding and Web Development; Brilliant thanks for that it's going straight into someone's inbox to read I will have a look around and start ...

Thank Post
    Brilliant thanks for that it's going straight into someone's inbox to read I will have a look around and start learning ! Thanks for the advice

Thank Post
    For the data protection/integrity pov it might be worth having each mail sent to two inboxes - one that's read and used as an inbox and one that's simply a record of all entries in the system. Just a thought.

All the above sujestions can equally be achieved using PHP if you have any experience with that over Python

Thank Post
    Sorry guys if I am being a total idiot , I am running php pages running on ubuntu in our network hosted using apache2.
    I want the form to email and I have added an smtp recieve connector on the exchange server and it's still not working , any configuration needed in the php.ini? And sample code I could take a look at would be awesome

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    This is the code i am trying, it seems to work but im just not getting the mail, Would it be worth watching network traffic to see if anything gets sent on port 25 and is exchange is listening?

Thanks

Thank Post
    do you have access to any other mail servers to test it on?

Thank Post
    Unfortunately we only run 1 internal exchange server, I have created the receive connector on the exchange box to accept mail from the ubuntu Server.
    Last edited by lholland421; 25th February 2014 at 07:48 PM.

Thank Post
    bugger - urm, I'm not sure on the exchange configuring side of things - if you can't get it to play ball tho maybe try postfix - How to have my PHP Send mail? - Ask Ubuntu

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    bugger - urm, I'm not sure on the exchange configuring side of things - if you can't get it to play ball tho maybe try postfix - How to have my PHP Send mail? - Ask Ubuntu
    Thanks will give that a try in a moment, I guess i am able to run this along side the exchange box.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Which one do you think is the best option to go for if i only want the Ubuntu box to send mail
    Internet: Your own mail-server.
    Satellite: An extern mail provider (e.g. Google) will be used for sending and mail. The server will not receive any mail.
    Smarthost: Mixture between the two. Mail is storred locally but send through an extern mail provider.
    Local only: Will not concern you. That's a system intern mailserver. You can only send mail from user to user on the system.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lholland421 View Post
    I did think they should be going straight into the mis. According the the pastoral manager they do record incidents into the mis but they do not want to record incidents like late homework /coursework etc into the mis hence why they have asked for some sort of form.
    I'd say you can't do it. Pretty sure you can do this in the MIS then assign different weighting. I often hear about people pushing IT for a solution when the problem is people not actually following existing processes in place. People like passing the blame. I know a few cases of reports having to have extremely complex logic to report all the required data simply because the ruddy form wasn't completely correctly. Sometimes saying no is the best solution then creating another system for them not to fill in.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    I'd say you can't do it. Pretty sure you can do this in the MIS then assign different weighting. I often hear about people pushing IT for a solution when the problem is people not actually following existing processes in place. People like passing the blame. I know a few cases of reports having to have extremely complex logic to report all the required data simply because the ruddy form wasn't completely correctly. Sometimes saying no is the best solution then creating another system for them not to fill in.
    Ahh sorry, Should have really started a new thread. I have said no and have told them to use the MIS, This if now a form we are using internally for something else. Sorry Should have mentioned that .

Thanks All

Thank Post
    I want the form to email and I have added an smtp recieve connector on the exchange server and it's still not working
    As in you've added an SMTP receive connector under Server Configuration -> Hub Transport, then the "Receive Connectors" tab? Is the receive connector you've created enabled (worth double-checking)? Is the IP address of your Ubuntu server listed in the "Netwrk" tab of the receive connectors properties?

The Windows event log might tell you some useful information, i.e. whether somethign is trying to connect or not. Remember to check your firewall, too - you might have it set up to allow SMTP only from one particular location.

Thank Post
    Ahh sorry, Should have really started a new thread. I have said no and have told them to use the MIS, This if now a form we are using internally for something else. Sorry Should have mentioned that
    Ah cool beans, good luck. Forms is one of those things that should be really simple yet whenever it comes up, at least people I know anyway, normally make that sound a car mechanical makes when you ask for a price for a big repair job. Normally we end up using survey monkey lol!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    As in you've added an SMTP receive connector under Server Configuration -> Hub Transport, then the "Receive Connectors" tab? Is the receive connector you've created enabled (worth double-checking)? Is the IP address of your Ubuntu server listed in the "Netwrk" tab of the receive connectors properties?

The Windows event log might tell you some useful information, i.e. whether somethign is trying to connect or not. Remember to check your firewall, too - you might have it set up to allow SMTP only from one particular location.
    Hi Yes i have put the Connector there, Its enabled and has the correct ip address of the ubuntu server on port 25, so im at a real loss. Is there any configuration needed in ubuntu so it knows where to send the mail?

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast