Saving SharePoint via Office 2013
For anyone who's got Office 365 and the Office 2013 desktop apps was wondering if you can try something and let me know what happens?
- Imagine you've set up Team Sites e.g. for staff or classes and a user wants to save into one of those sites (rather than the default organisation-wide team site or your personal folder)
- You've already signed into Word with your Office 365 account
- You create a document in Word then go to File > Save As and you should see SharePoint @ Your Organisation as the top option
- You should see two locations, the overall shared site and your SkyDrive Pro library
At that point you should be able to do this...
- Login to Office 365 and go to Sites
- Navigate to a Document Library within a Team Site
- When you get the click the Library tab
- Click Connect to Office
At this point the theory is that you should get that location added to your SharePoint locations list in Office but it doesn't seem to work at all :(
Using the “Connect to Office” Button to connect to a SharePoint document library in Office 365
Bizarrely sometimes I get the SharePoint Sites folder created within my user profile but other times I don't. Seems like the only way to get the Team Site location to appear is either to paste in the URL manually or open a document from SharePoint. Either way it's not exactly user-friendly as a shared-drive replacement; I'd really want to be able to pre-populate the list but having found the location in the registry it doesn't seem something that's easily modifiable either.