office365 add new UPN question and other Dirsync woes
We are having a number of issues with DIRSync and the new office365, I'm hoping someone ( @jamesbmarshall perhaps? ) can possibly please help.
1) Any new user accounts created in AD get synced to the cloud with the email address off firstname.lastname@example.org om rather than email@example.com
We have contacted support and they have said this:
Which, while being very straight forward and easy to follow instructions, dont really explain what is going on. Everything worked fine with live@edu and ILM.
This issue occurs because the local AD domain is not verified in Office 365. To resolve it, follow these steps:
Adding a UPN Suffix to a Forest
1. Open Active Directory Domains and Trusts.
2. Right-click Active Directory Domains and Trusts in the Tree window pane, and then click Properties.
3. On the UPN Suffixes tab, type the new UPN suffix that you would like to add to the forrest.
4. Click Add, and then click OK.
5. Now change the domain name for students.
6. Run a full sync again.
Are there any caveats about adding a new UPN?
our current local domain is academic.schoolname.edu.au , our on-premise exchange for staff is just schoolname.edu.au.
When I join devices to the domain i just use 'academic' as the domain to join. What happens if i add the extra upn?
2) Another problem is DIRSync has synced every single user object in Active directory. In ILM i could just select the student container. How can I specify only the user container in DirScyn?
3) This is a bit of a sub-question, but in the latest contact with office 365, the techo signed of with :
(emphasis mine) . Is there plans to start charging for support?!
As the Online Support Request of Office365 is free of charge currently, I believe we will have more opportunities to work with you in the future.