+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office365 and shared calendars in Technical; What would be your recommended way to setup a shared, school wide calendar in Office365? I am experimenting with different ...

Thank Post

Office365 and shared calendars

What would be your recommended way to setup a shared, school wide calendar in Office365? I am experimenting with different options at the moment and have been used to using a Public Folder calendar in full blown Exchange for years and have no experience with SharePoint.

I would like a shared calendar that all staff can view and edit from Outlook 2010, OWA, iPhone/iPad and Android. I have read the guides that explain two options - using Sharepoint or a Shared Mailbox - but can anyone give me some real world examples?

Thanks,

Dave

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sharepoint is the more accessable option, have not set it up myself though.

Thank Post
    Setup additional user called 'Share' and share out that users Contacts, Calendar, or Inbox. Having said that, if you are wanting to be able to setup a Contacts list and email to that list from Outlook (using To, then you'll need to setup a Contacts list in SharePoint and connect to it from Outlook. The reason for this setup is that you cannot setup another user's Shared Contacts to be accessible from the "To:" command in Outlook. Wish that was possible but not yet.

Another reason I had to go this route was due to a messy export/import from a previous Public Contacts list to a SharePoint Contacts list - the migration does not match up column to column and can be a nightmare. Yet if you export/import from Public Contacts list to Exchange Online 'Share' user Contacts list, then you'll not have any issues.

4. Thanks to andrewshelor from:

djones (30th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Thank you. I have setup a shared mailbox (School Diary (alias: diary)) and set FullAccess (but not SendAs) permissions to a Security Group (Staff) and it seems to be working as intended.

Thank Post
    Sorry to drag this up from some time ago (but that's what search is for right!) but anyway, I've just created a Calendar user in AD and waiting for that to sync over with 365. Is it just a case of setting the 'personal' calendar of this user up then having other users add it to their calendars or is there a way I can force this calendar to show for every user in the school.
    I also need a Staff Only calendar how do I stop kids viewing this one, 365 sees my AD security groups but I don't see how/where I can use these online, so apart from choosing each user individually how do I sort out access to this calendar?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread