+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Google Apps for Domain - Shared Calendars in Technical; Hi, Any body out there can offer me advice using Google Apps for Domains, particularly sharing of calendars. I understand ...

Thank Post

Google Apps for Domain - Shared Calendars

Hi, Any body out there can offer me advice using Google Apps for Domains, particularly sharing of calendars. I understand that a user can only share their main calendar. Is this correct? If not, any advice on how a single user can share at least two or three calendars with all other members of the google apps domain. Thanks in advance!!

Thank Post
    Hi, we use Google Apps for domains, and I have created and shared many (around 8 for various reasons as of now) calenders with other members of the domain.

Create additional calendar, go to settings, choose recently created calendar - and share - many different options. E.g. we have a library booking calendar which all members of staff can view, but only particular people can edit (with appointment slots allowing members of staff to book the library). About as flexible as you could want.
    Last edited by ShorehamGeek; 6th July 2012 at 09:00 AM.

Thank Post
    Can you just confirm that is 1 user account sharing 8 different calendars. Many Thanks

Thank Post
    I can confirm that it is 1 user account sharing 8 different calendars.

Thank Post
    Hi, This is my Problem. I have in a single user named "calendar" sharing two calendars. One calendar is named Student and one is named Staff with entries dependant on who it is relevant for? The first calandar for the user is the Student calendar and we can share that no problem. We select the second calendar staff and then go through the settings as you suggest sharing it? I would then go to another domain user account and select > Other Calendars > Add a collegaue's calendar > Type in the mail address that contains the calendar. Bo doing this it is only giving me the first calendar, in this case Student and not offering me the Staff calendar. Which as I said belongs to the user named calendar sharing two calendars.

What am I doing wrong? Cheers for your help?

Thank Post
    Yes - you can create and share multiple calendars with other members of the domain, if you have legacy systems with Outlook though you can only sync your "main" Gapps calendar using the Calendar sync tool.

Thank Post
    Jim - check this Google faq out - if you haven't made the calendar public - or shared with the whole domain, you need to add it via the calendars unique address. See sharing secondary calendars

Thank Post
    OK - I think it is the way you are trying to connect to the shared calendar.
    In google calendar, on the "My Calendars" section on the left click the square with a triangle in it, then click settings.
    Click the name of the calendar you are looking to share, at the bottom of that page there is a "Calendar Address" section - here is the calendar ID. Copy that ID (which will end @group.calendar.google.com).
    Paste that ID into the "Add a colleague's calendar" box for the user you wish to share the calendar with. Hopefully - Voila!

9. Thanks to ShorehamGeek from:

jimmckenna (6th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Shoreham Geek!! many thanks for your help Got it using the option above at 09:54. Much appreciated, it was one of those little things that can drive you mad!! Cheers and thanks again

Thank Post
    No Trouble.

Thank Post
    An easier option might be to create the calendars as shared resources from within the Dashboard - that way, you don't need a extra user account for the calendars, and you can centrally manage who has access. We have about 15 calendars created in that way, for IT Suites, meeting rooms, laptop trolleys, etc.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread