+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Cloud Services Thread, Online Questionnaires/Surveys in Technical; Hi guys, Just keen to know your views on on-line questionnaire sites/surveys. I'm looking to find a good, flexible, free ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    89
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Online Questionnaires/Surveys

    Hi guys,

    Just keen to know your views on on-line questionnaire sites/surveys.

    I'm looking to find a good, flexible, free one which allows me to easily set-up/distribute and export/analyse the results - or even analyses for me!

    Anyone know any that they can recommend or that they know of?

    Cheers

    Tom

  2. #2
    jdoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Republic of Swindon
    Posts
    381
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    Rep Power
    55
    I started off using the free but limited version of SurveyMonkey. Now use the paid version and generally very happy with it for collecting survey data where the user id is anonymous e.g. parents. For internal surveys where I need the user id of the respondent I use the survey/question tool in our VLE.

  3. #3

    AngryTechnician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,730
    Thank Post
    698
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    Rep Power
    394
    Forms in Google Docs are surprisingly powerful for this.

  4. #4


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,202
    Thank Post
    442
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Rep Power
    339
    We also use Google Forms, there is loads you can do with them.

  5. #5

    Sylv3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    3,197
    Thank Post
    370
    Thanked 374 Times in 332 Posts
    Rep Power
    147
    Another +1 for google forms

  6. #6
    bodminman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunny Suffolk
    Posts
    1,153
    Thank Post
    724
    Thanked 224 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    84
    Another +1 for Google forms.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kensington, London
    Posts
    372
    Thank Post
    59
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoyle View Post
    I started off using the free but limited version of SurveyMonkey. Now use the paid version and generally very happy with it for collecting survey data where the user id is anonymous e.g. parents. For internal surveys where I need the user id of the respondent I use the survey/question tool in our VLE.

    I use SurveyMonkey too - its an excellent tool (I have paid for version)

    @jdoyle - I don't know if you know this but you can tie a user id to survery monkey questionnaires too if needed.

  8. Thanks to nadeem from:

    jdoyle (24th January 2012)

  9. #8

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    89
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Wow google docs - will check it out thanks guys...

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,009
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 184 Times in 153 Posts
    Rep Power
    68
    Yep I also use Google docs. Its very good and gives charts and spreadsheets with all the info.

  11. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,009
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 184 Times in 153 Posts
    Rep Power
    68
    EDIT to above post. After creating you form you end up with a webpage that can be attached to you site, emailed or sent as a doc internally.

  12. #11


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,202
    Thank Post
    442
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Rep Power
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    EDIT to above post. After creating you form you end up with a webpage that can be attached to you site, emailed or sent as a doc internally.
    Any charts you create and embed into a website can be live, staff and students can see the results in real time as the results are submitted

  13. #12

    Little-Miss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,508
    Thank Post
    2,371
    Thanked 741 Times in 454 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    541
    We currently have a parents survey live that was created in Google Docs.

  14. #13
    jdoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Republic of Swindon
    Posts
    381
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeem View Post
    I use SurveyMonkey too - its an excellent tool (I have paid for version)

    @jdoyle - I don't know if you know this but you can tie a user id to survery monkey questionnaires too if needed.
    yes indeed. 2 methods that I'm aware of for tracking targets/responses.

  15. #14

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    89
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    Yep I also use Google docs. Its very good and gives charts and spreadsheets with all the info.
    Does it automatically create these charts or do yo have to do it from the resulting spreadhseet?

    I can't find any automated analysis...

    Tom

  16. #15


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,202
    Thank Post
    442
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Rep Power
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by tben2505 View Post
    Does it automatically create these charts or do yo have to do it from the resulting spreadhseet?

    I can't find any automated analysis...

    Tom

    You do it from the spreadsheet - but a spreadsheet doesn't need to be populated with data before the creation of a chart.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Capita SupportNet online survey
    By vikpaw in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2nd March 2010, 07:47 AM
  2. Self Survey/Questionnaire
    By knightrider in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th October 2009, 08:09 AM
  3. Online survey
    By fafster in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18th July 2009, 11:44 AM
  4. online child safety survey I found
    By jmcdarlo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd December 2008, 07:06 PM
  5. Online Surveys
    By enjay in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28th September 2007, 04:10 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •