Teach your old docs new tricks with Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office
Posted: 24 Feb 2011 02:08 PM PST
Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office is now available to download for all Google Apps domains. With this plugin, you can now share, backup and simultaneously edit Microsoft Word, PowerPoint®, and Excel® documents with co-workers without the need for sending attachments back and forth.
- Simultaneous editing for Word, PowerPoint and Excel files when using Microsoft Office.
- Google Docs sharing URLs for each Microsoft Office file.
- Revision history for Microsoft Office files, stored in Google Docs.
- Offline editing with smart synchronization of offline changes.
- No Microsoft Office upgrade or SharePoint® deployment required.
Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education
English only but the plugin will work with whatever language is installed on the user’s system
How to access what's new:
- Make sure your system meets the system requirements for the plugin. Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office supports Microsoft Office 2003, Office 2007, or Office 2010.
- Ensure that Google Docs is an activated service in your Google Apps control panel.
- Allow users to install the plugin themselves or distribute it on your network using an .msi file.
Deploy Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office
Note: Google Cloud Connect is not available for Macs. Unfortunately due to the lack of support for open APIs on Microsoft Office for Mac, we are unable to make Google Cloud Connect available on Macs at this time. We look forward to when that time comes so we can provide this feature to our Mac customers as well.
For more information: Official Google Enterprise Blog: Teach your old docs new tricks with Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office
Admin Help Center and supported features.
End User Help Center
Join us for a live webinar on March 3rd, 2011 at 10am PST / 1pm EST / 6pm GMT to learn more about Google Cloud Connect. Register to attend the live event.