+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Sign-Up for Microsoft Azure without Credit Card & Trial AAD Premium in Technical; Hi All, I just wanted to make you aware that you are now able to sign-up for Microsoft Azure $0 ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Sign-Up for Microsoft Azure without Credit Card & Trial AAD Premium

Hi All,

I just wanted to make you aware that you are now able to sign-up for Microsoft Azure $0 Subscription that will allow you to take advantage of the Extra 'Free' Azure AD features such as Cloud Applications or trial Azure Active Directory Premium which gives you extra features to enhance your users experience when using Microsoft Cloud Services.

You need to ensure that you have a PAID Subscription in one of the following Cloud Applications:

• Office 365
    • Intune
    • CRM Online
    • RMS Online

If you do then, you can go ahead and get yourself a $0 subscription which will then give you access to Microsoft Azure Management Portal so that you can

1. Trial Azure Active Directory Premium {90 Days}
    2. Utilize Azure AD as Identity Provider for over 1500 Cloud Applications
    3. and more

I have wrote an article which you can find here: Sign-Up for Microsoft Azure without Using a Credit Card ($0 Subscription) | James Evans - EduTech's Blog which will guide you through the process.

If you have any questions, please be sure to reach out to me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Many Thanks,
    James.

Thank Post
    I was under the impression that the non-premium Azure AD was now free even if you don't have a paid subscription to something like O365. The Pricing Details page doesn't mention any prerequisite for the free tier. Is that page inaccurate or am I missing something that you get extra if you have paid for O365?

On a related note, this page that was linked from your blog says that self-service password reset is in the free tier. This page says it is not. Do you know which is correct?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Hi All,

I just wanted to make you aware that you are now able to sign-up for Microsoft Azure $0 Subscription that will allow you to take advantage of the Extra 'Free' Azure AD features such as Cloud Applications or trial Azure Active Directory Premium which gives you extra features to enhance your users experience when using Microsoft Cloud Services.

You need to ensure that you have a PAID Subscription in one of the following Cloud Applications:

• Office 365
    • Intune
    • CRM Online
    • RMS Online

If you do then, you can go ahead and get yourself a $0 subscription which will then give you access to Microsoft Azure Management Portal so that you can

1. Trial Azure Active Directory Premium {90 Days}
    2. Utilize Azure AD as Identity Provider for over 1500 Cloud Applications
    3. and more

I have wrote an article which you can find here: Sign-Up for Microsoft Azure without Using a Credit Card ($0 Subscription) | James Evans - EduTech's Blog which will guide you through the process.

If you have any questions, please be sure to reach out to me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Many Thanks,
    James.
    Is it possible to covert our current Pay as you go account to the new $0 sub?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchlackman View Post
    I was under the impression that the non-premium Azure AD was now free even if you don't have a paid subscription to something like O365. The Pricing Details page doesn't mention any prerequisite for the free tier. Is that page inaccurate or am I missing something that you get extra if you have paid for O365?

On a related note, this page that was linked from your blog says that self-service password reset is in the free tier. This page says it is not. Do you know which is correct?

Thanks!
    If you want to access Azure Active Directory FREE you can do so without having a paid subscription to a 1st Party Service but this will then require you to sign-up for Microsoft Azure using a Credit Card when purchasing a Pay and Go Subscription or Free Trial. The purpose of the $0 subscription is to allow organizations that already have a 1st Party Service to access all of the features of Azure Active Directory FREE that are not exposed via the 1st Party Service Administration Portals or/ If you want to trial Azure Active Directory Premium without you having to Sign-Up for a PAYANDGO Subscription which would require a Credit Card.

In terms of Self-Service Password Reset if you read it carefully you will notice that the documentation is accurate. what you see on the TechNet Article is actually Self-service change password for cloud users which of course users are able to do. Self-Service Password Reset is a Premium Feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ellsandell View Post
    Is it possible to covert our current Pay as you go account to the new $0 sub?
    I don't believe there will be a way to convert your current Pay as you go Subscription to a $0 Subscription. You could cancel your PAYANDGO Subscription and then go through the process to Sign-Up for a $0 Subscription that I imagine will work for you.

--

I hope that helps,

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 26th July 2014 at 10:20 PM.

5. 2 Thanks to EduTech:

JSchlackman (27th July 2014), Marshall_IT (26th July 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread