+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cloud Services Thread, Goodbye 'Safe' Harbour in Technical; "ermmm...if you think other countries aren't doing exactly the same thing, think again." No thanks. Il stick to my own ...
    Thank Post
    "ermmm...if you think other countries aren't doing exactly the same thing, think again."

No thanks. Il stick to my own reality based on fact. The fact that the USA has an agenda to lie to the world in the 'fight' against whatever we have a sights on atm, in this case 'terrorism'. If you must voice your fanboy biased views, then please use facts to backup your fiction.

"They might be better at hiding it or haven't had an Edward Snowden pop their head up yet, but they are or would do it if they could. "

So your argument is everyone is probably doing it so we are definitely going to be doing it?
    I think my views on the USA are about right thanks.
    Last edited by Galway; 16th July 2014 at 08:44 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    "ermmm...if you think other countries aren't doing exactly the same thing, think again."

No thanks. Il stick to my own reality based on fact. The fact that the USA has an agenda to lie to the world in the 'fight' against whatever we have a sights on atm, in this case 'terrorism'. If you must voice your fanboy biased views, then please use facts to backup your fiction.

"They might be better at hiding it or haven't had an Edward Snowden pop their head up yet, but they are or would do it if they could. "

So your argument is everyone is probably doing it so we are definitely going to be doing it?
    IT Security Expert Blog: GCHQ Privacy Disregard Touches the Optic Nerve

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...tivities.shtml

GCHQ's spy malware operation faces legal challenge | UK news | theguardian.com

Privacy Watch: GCHQ Resorts to DDOS Attacks, New Smears Against Snowden, Greenwald to Get Journalism Award | Techrights

Rights body wants to investigate abuses involving MI5 and MI6

MI6, torture, secrecy and dirty words | Blogs | Amnesty International UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unpeople-Bri.../dp/0099469723

allAfrica.com: Ethiopia: UK Aid Should Respect Rights - Ruling Permits Review of Development Agency's Compliance (Page 1 of 2)

...I think I'll leave it at that. 'nuff said.

Thank Post
    Possibly, but other countries are at it. The evidence that the UK is spying on it's own citizens and has condoned and supported the use of rendition and torture is, overwhelming.

Personally, as I live in the UK and the politicians work for us, IMO that is more immediately relevant than the abuses of the USA.

Thank Post
    OK, so you know how to use google, awesome.

The problem the UK has, is its in up to its neck with how much it has assisted the USA in snooping personal data on its citizens.
    While im willing to accept the dog needs sorting out, lets not forget whos holding the lead. The USA has more than a few fingers in this pie, so while your slinging mud try not to come across as being totally one sided. By all means brand the UK the USAs puppet and facilitator here, but lets not lose touch of reality.

The fact is the USA has been playing the UK along, with a good many other countries. We have all been conned by american intelligence for everything from WMD to global warming. People are starting to wake up to how much we have been blinkered and deceived, and now the tide is changing.

I dont buy your angle, mistakes have been made and the brown stuff hitting the swirly thing and now the music has to be faced. The politicians are like oil tankers, they take time to stop and change direction. They think changing the law to legalise what they are and have been doing against the people will protect them for a while, its a risk and its downright wrong, but everyone will wise up eventually.

The tide is changing.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OK, so you know how to use google, awesome.

The problem the UK has, is its in up to its neck with how much it has assisted the USA in snooping personal data on its citizens.
    While im willing to accept the dog needs sorting out, lets not forget whos holding the lead. The USA has more than a few fingers in this pie, so while your slinging mud try not to come across as being totally one sided. By all means brand the UK the USAs puppet and facilitator here, but lets not lose touch of reality.

The fact is the USA has been playing the UK along, with a good many other countries. We have all been conned by american intelligence for everything from WMD to global warming. People are starting to wake up to how much we have been blinkered and deceived, and now the tide is changing.

I dont buy your angle, mistakes have been made and the brown stuff hitting the swirly thing and now the music has to be faced. The politicians are like oil tankers, they take time to stop and change direction. They think changing the law to legalise what they are and have been doing against the people will protect them for a while, its a risk and its downright wrong, but everyone will wise up eventually.

The tide is changing.
    Ah, I see YOUR angle now. Conspiracy Theorist. Understood. Carry on.

Thank Post
    Hmm I expected a little more than Conspiracy Theorist.
    I see your angle. Your in denial, the fact is the USA is the innocent party here and its all the UKs fault.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmm I expected a little more than Conspiracy Theorist.
    I see your angle. Your in denial, the fact is the USA is the innocent party here and its all the UKs fault.
    Yes, that's exactly what I said...to someone who just wants to see what they want to see. Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your inner dialogue.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I said...to someone who just wants to see what they want to see. Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your inner dialogue.
    Surely that is monologue unless you are casting aspersions

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12