+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
Cloud Services Thread, Goodbye 'Safe' Harbour in Technical; "ermmm...if you think other countries aren't doing exactly the same thing, think again." No thanks. Il stick to my own ...
  1. #16
    Galway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,394
    Thank Post
    9
    Thanked 315 Times in 223 Posts
    Rep Power
    101
    "ermmm...if you think other countries aren't doing exactly the same thing, think again."

    No thanks. Il stick to my own reality based on fact. The fact that the USA has an agenda to lie to the world in the 'fight' against whatever we have a sights on atm, in this case 'terrorism'. If you must voice your fanboy biased views, then please use facts to backup your fiction.

    "They might be better at hiding it or haven't had an Edward Snowden pop their head up yet, but they are or would do it if they could. "

    So your argument is everyone is probably doing it so we are definitely going to be doing it?
    I think my views on the USA are about right thanks.
    Last edited by Galway; 16th July 2014 at 08:44 AM.

  2. #17

    seawolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    969
    Thank Post
    12
    Thanked 286 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    "ermmm...if you think other countries aren't doing exactly the same thing, think again."

    No thanks. Il stick to my own reality based on fact. The fact that the USA has an agenda to lie to the world in the 'fight' against whatever we have a sights on atm, in this case 'terrorism'. If you must voice your fanboy biased views, then please use facts to backup your fiction.

    "They might be better at hiding it or haven't had an Edward Snowden pop their head up yet, but they are or would do it if they could. "

    So your argument is everyone is probably doing it so we are definitely going to be doing it?
    I think my views on the USA are about right thanks.
    IT Security Expert Blog: GCHQ Privacy Disregard Touches the Optic Nerve

    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...tivities.shtml

    GCHQ's spy malware operation faces legal challenge | UK news | theguardian.com

    Privacy Watch: GCHQ Resorts to DDOS Attacks, New Smears Against Snowden, Greenwald to Get Journalism Award | Techrights

    Rights body wants to investigate abuses involving MI5 and MI6

    MI6, torture, secrecy and dirty words | Blogs | Amnesty International UK

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unpeople-Bri.../dp/0099469723

    allAfrica.com: Ethiopia: UK Aid Should Respect Rights - Ruling Permits Review of Development Agency's Compliance (Page 1 of 2)

    ...I think I'll leave it at that. 'nuff said.

  3. #18


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,286
    Thank Post
    290
    Thanked 884 Times in 662 Posts
    Rep Power
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    I think my views on the USA are about right thanks.
    Possibly, but other countries are at it. The evidence that the UK is spying on it's own citizens and has condoned and supported the use of rendition and torture is, overwhelming.

    Personally, as I live in the UK and the politicians work for us, IMO that is more immediately relevant than the abuses of the USA.

  4. #19
    Galway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,394
    Thank Post
    9
    Thanked 315 Times in 223 Posts
    Rep Power
    101
    OK, so you know how to use google, awesome.

    The problem the UK has, is its in up to its neck with how much it has assisted the USA in snooping personal data on its citizens.
    While im willing to accept the dog needs sorting out, lets not forget whos holding the lead. The USA has more than a few fingers in this pie, so while your slinging mud try not to come across as being totally one sided. By all means brand the UK the USAs puppet and facilitator here, but lets not lose touch of reality.

    The fact is the USA has been playing the UK along, with a good many other countries. We have all been conned by american intelligence for everything from WMD to global warming. People are starting to wake up to how much we have been blinkered and deceived, and now the tide is changing.

    I dont buy your angle, mistakes have been made and the brown stuff hitting the swirly thing and now the music has to be faced. The politicians are like oil tankers, they take time to stop and change direction. They think changing the law to legalise what they are and have been doing against the people will protect them for a while, its a risk and its downright wrong, but everyone will wise up eventually.

    The tide is changing.

  5. #20

    seawolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    969
    Thank Post
    12
    Thanked 286 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    OK, so you know how to use google, awesome.

    The problem the UK has, is its in up to its neck with how much it has assisted the USA in snooping personal data on its citizens.
    While im willing to accept the dog needs sorting out, lets not forget whos holding the lead. The USA has more than a few fingers in this pie, so while your slinging mud try not to come across as being totally one sided. By all means brand the UK the USAs puppet and facilitator here, but lets not lose touch of reality.

    The fact is the USA has been playing the UK along, with a good many other countries. We have all been conned by american intelligence for everything from WMD to global warming. People are starting to wake up to how much we have been blinkered and deceived, and now the tide is changing.

    I dont buy your angle, mistakes have been made and the brown stuff hitting the swirly thing and now the music has to be faced. The politicians are like oil tankers, they take time to stop and change direction. They think changing the law to legalise what they are and have been doing against the people will protect them for a while, its a risk and its downright wrong, but everyone will wise up eventually.

    The tide is changing.
    Ah, I see YOUR angle now. Conspiracy Theorist. Understood. Carry on.

  6. #21
    Galway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,394
    Thank Post
    9
    Thanked 315 Times in 223 Posts
    Rep Power
    101
    Hmm I expected a little more than Conspiracy Theorist.
    I see your angle. Your in denial, the fact is the USA is the innocent party here and its all the UKs fault.

  7. #22

    seawolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    969
    Thank Post
    12
    Thanked 286 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    Hmm I expected a little more than Conspiracy Theorist.
    I see your angle. Your in denial, the fact is the USA is the innocent party here and its all the UKs fault.
    Yes, that's exactly what I said...to someone who just wants to see what they want to see. Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your inner dialogue.

  8. #23

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,241
    Thank Post
    882
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I said...to someone who just wants to see what they want to see. Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your inner dialogue.
    Surely that is monologue unless you are casting aspersions

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 31st January 2014, 05:03 PM
  2. Sophos EC 2.0 + Goodbye Policies
    By Dos_Box in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th December 2006, 12:15 PM
  3. Goodbye Smoothwall Hello Smoothwall
    By Simcfc73 in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th June 2006, 06:55 AM
  4. The ultimate web site - not eye safe.
    By Dos_Box in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12th November 2005, 12:39 AM
  5. Its now safe to turn your computer off
    By Furan in forum Windows
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18th October 2005, 08:07 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •