+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 OWA error - user unable to access mailbox in Technical; I've just tested with 2 users I was aware of not working and they both seem to be logging in ...

Thank Post
    I've just tested with 2 users I was aware of not working and they both seem to be logging in OK now! Fingers crossed it stays this way - still not sure the real reason why only a couple of users (out of about 1000) would not log in!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    I have the opposite issue. Outlook has started prompting for credentials and wont accept them but OWA works fine. Happening on 2 different tenants.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yep same problems here, its a worldwide outage I think

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Yep same problems here, its a worldwide outage I think
    OWA or Outlook issue?

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    OWA or Outlook issue?
    I've had both.

About 10 outlook users all asking for credentials.

Some webmail users not letting them logon. Others working absolutely fine.

EDIT: Actually most of the problems seem to be with the outlook desktop client.
    Last edited by zag; 3rd July 2014 at 09:52 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    I've had both.

About 10 outlook users all asking for credentials.

Some webmail users not letting them logon. Others working absolutely fine.

EDIT: Actually most of the problems seem to be with the outlook desktop client.
    With the outlook users do they just continually prompt for credentials and wont connect?

Thank Post
    They aren't doing very well at the moment!
    I think this all stems from a baulked update / erroneous bit of coding.

We are rolling back a change
    details
    During a recent update of the Office 365 Admin Center, we mistakenly updated the list of admin roles available to your organization. This update included two new admin roles, as well as a rename of some existing admin roles. We are in the process of rolling back those changes, and apologize for any confusion this may have created for your organization.

Our goal is to help improve your ability to stay informed of valuable improvements and changes we are bringing to Office 365. Please continue to check back with your Office 365 roadmap.
    Current Status: Engineers have identified an issue in which some customers may be unable to export eDiscovery search results to a .PST file when they include items that have not been indexed by Exchange Search. Investigation determined that a code issue was introduced to the environment during an update to the environment. Engineers have developed a fix and are deploying it across the environment to remediate end-user impact.

Customer Impact: Affected customers may be unable to export eDiscovery search results to a .PST file when they include items that have not been indexed by Exchange Search.

Incident Start Time: Monday, June, 23, 2014, at 8:00 PM UTC

Preliminary Root Cause: Investigation determined that a coding issue was introduced to the environment with the latest update to the capacity.
    Current Status: Engineers are currently deploying a fix to the affected environment. The deployment is 80% complete.

Customer Impact: Affected customers may be unable to export eDiscovery search results to a .PST file when they include items that have not been indexed by Exchange Search.

Incident Start Time: Monday, June, 23, 2014, at 8:00 PM UTC

Preliminary Root Cause: Investigation determined that a coding issue was introduced to the environment with the latest update to the capacity.

Next Update: Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM UTC

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    With the outlook users do they just continually prompt for credentials and wont connect?
    Yep thats it

As above, Microsoft has a "coding issue" apparently, but it doesn't say its effecting people like this.

Thank Post
    Well I'm glad it's not just me then. I currently have a support ticket with Microsoft. First suggestion has been install SP2 and recreate profile. Already on SP2 and profile recreation goes through the first part fine and then has the same issue on first run.

Thing is I have setup an affected user on my machine on a new profile fine, so there has to be a conflict somewhere on the affected user(s) machine.

Thank Post
    Yep all working now... at least it didn't last long.

Thank Post
    Yep. Microsoft consider the issue I reported to them to be resolved and have just sent me the message below. (If you're still having issues yourselves I'd recommend opening a service request through the 365 portal).
    Although the issue was a bit annoying I've got to say I'm very impressed with Microsoft here. Really great communication from them - the fact they actually rang us of their own accord rather than replying to a ticket impressed me!

I was contacting you to provide you with information that the Service Interruption Event where users were unable to login using Outlook has been resolved. A Post Incident Report will be available after 5 days under the Service Health Dashboard on the Microsoft Online Portal.

We at Office 365 are dedicated to supporting you. Providing timely technical support with exceptional customer service to our customers is of utmost importance to us. Your feedback about your experience will help us in improving and delivering better service in the future.

At this point of time as the issue is resolved we will be archiving the case, please reply back if the issue still persists and we can work towards providing a resolution at the earliest.

If the solution provided does not address your issue, you can reopen your service request within 14 days through the Microsoft Online Administration Center. If the issue has been closed for more than 14 days, please create a new service request and reference the old service request number so that all relevant information can be retrieved.

We at Microsoft Online Services want you to know that your satisfaction is our top priority.

If you have any feedback that you wish to share with my manager, please feel free to share it using the manager details given in my signature below.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Some are fixed, others still have problems here

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Any more info on this one?

We're still having problems here

Thank Post
    Same here. 2h remote session with a MS Tech didn't help. The thing that has worked for me so far is to download and run the O365 desktop setup from with OWA for the user. Delete all O365 credentials from Credential Manager and then create a new Outlook profile. Then it works fine. Of course this isn't an ideal solution.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yep we've managed to fix it by removing their local profile and setting up again, but that is a big pain to do for 20 or so users who randomly seem to have this problem.
    Last edited by zag; 4th July 2014 at 11:31 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast