+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Free 90 day trials of Azure AD Premium with 2035 SAAS Apps! in Technical; Hi All, I just wanted to make you aware that we have now enabled Free 90 Day Trials for Azure ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Free 90 day trials of Azure AD Premium with 2035 SAAS Apps!

Hi All,

I just wanted to make you aware that we have now enabled Free 90 Day Trials for Azure Active Directory Premium for up to 100 users.

If you want to know how to do this, this cool video will help! ;-)

NOTE If you already have Office 365 then you don't need another Azure Active Directory as you already have one

And I've got one other bit of cool news to share. As of last weekend, Azure AD is now pre-integrated with 2035 SAAS Applications. The team has been kicking it over the past several month, adding on average 120 new apps a week!

If you have any questions on Windows Azure Active Directory Premium please be sure to let me know, you can find out more information about what this offers you here:

Azure Active Directory Premium

Many Thanks,
    James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi James, I had a quick look at azure ad premium. I was a little unsure how to integrate it with my current azure ad from office 365. I also would appreciate some examples of what you can achieve with it or particularly useful applications for education.

Could this be used as part of an azure hosted adfs solution for office 365 to reduce the single point of failure linking back to the on-site ad?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall_IT View Post
    Hi James, I had a quick look at azure ad premium. I was a little unsure how to integrate it with my current azure ad from office 365. I also would appreciate some examples of what you can achieve with it or particularly useful applications for education.

Could this be used as part of an azure hosted adfs solution for office 365 to reduce the single point of failure linking back to the on-site ad?
    Hey!

You would sign-up to Microsoft Azure by signing in with your existing Global Administrator Account for Office 365. At this point you will then be able to activate an AAD Premium Trial. In terms of what you get you will be able to see what you get as part of Azure AD Premium in the article I linked. If you want to know what SaaS applications are available you can view a last here:Azure Active Directory Gallery

You will be able to filter for Education I am not sure how many of these are used in schools but any recommendations for applications be sure to post your feedback.

In terms of a DR you can for sure you use Azure to host AD FS Instances and with the uptime and ease of Load Balancing (as it's free) you do get a more HA/DR AD FS Solution. As a backup to AD FS you can also use Password Hash Federated Backup which is where you sync Password Hashes as well as having the domain setup for federated identity. If you AD FS instance goes down you can temp switch the domain to managed from federated.

I hope that helps,

James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As ever, thank you very much James!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No Problem. I would encourage you guys on here to maybe feedback on any Education Specific 3rd Party Applications that you use, where you could benefit from using Azure AD as the Identity Provider for such service. I am not up to speed on the apps you guys use now in schools.. but thinking like Sam Learning, MyMaths? etc. not sure if these are still in use.

You can post any feedback on Azure here: (General Feedback): Top (84 ideas)

Thanks,
    James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Definitely mymaths, also accelerated reader, showbie star reader. There are a few others which I can't think of right now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is Microsoft making a LiveID SSO assistant so we can use stuff like surface2 and the app store with Office 365 credentials? If Google can tie in surely MS can.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Is Microsoft making a LiveID SSO assistant so we can use stuff like surface2 and the app store with Office 365 credentials? If Google can tie in surely MS can.
    Sure, we hear you! and that is something that has been asked a lot from customers. The feedback is heard loud and clear I can assure you of that but in no position to comment otherwise as to weather this is something we will do or not.

James.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread