+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 domain sharing or use Google Mail in Technical; Hi, Currently we use an in house exchange for staff which will not change and we use Google for students ...

Thank Post

Office 365 domain sharing or use Google Mail

Hi,

Currently we use an in house exchange for staff which will not change and we use Google for students in a split delivery system... MX records point to school which checks the emails and forwards the onto Google if the mailbox isn't on the exchange server. It seems to work well but we are looking towards rolling it out to all pupils and possibly Office 365. Does office 365 offer the ability to block external emails like Google? Our junior pupils are restricted to emails from our own domain? I would prefer to use O365 so they can use the online word etc... but I like the flexibility in Google. I don't want 2 different online email system in school but may have one due to us having Chromebooks.

Thank Post
    Hi,
    Yes this is possible in Exchange Online/Office 365. Set as rules and hub transport rules in your tenancy you could create a block group that restricts anyone in that group whether thats the Year 1 group or individual users. You can also set Office 365 to send you a copy of the emails that are trying to be sent externally and state whether you approve that it should be sent or not.
    A.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    Yes this is possible in Exchange Online/Office 365. Set as rules and hub transport rules in your tenancy you could create a block group that restricts anyone in that group whether thats the Year 1 group or individual users. You can also set Office 365 to send you a copy of the emails that are trying to be sent externally and state whether you approve that it should be sent or not.
    A.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    A.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,278 Posts
    I can confirm (as above) this is doable in Office 365. I do exactly this for pupil accounts, but not for staff - yet they're all using Office 365 and the same domain.

Thank Post
    I suppose my biggest hurdle is we use Edmodo alot in school which is very Google happy

Thank Post
    If you have chromebooks then it makes sense to have google apps as it integrates. Google apps does what office 365 does but with better collaboration tools - you open and convert word documents, excel, powerpoints as well.
    We moved away from exchange and put staff on google apps for mail as well - they can still use outlook with the google sync tool.

Thank Post
    Why use a split delivery system instead of just using the migration tool and moving your staff to GAFE?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwzg View Post
    Why use a split delivery system instead of just using the migration tool and moving your staff to GAFE?
    99% of mail is internal

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread