+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 - Outlook and ADFS SSO - Disapointment in Technical; ...
  1. #31

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,068
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 925 Times in 727 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    273
    I believe it will be contacting "outlook.office365.com"

    This is the latest list as of 27/05

    *.aadrm.com
    *.activedirectory.windowsazure.com
    *.glbdns.microsoft.com
    *.live.com
    *.lync.com
    *.microsoft.com
    *.microsoftonline.com
    *.microsoftonline-p.com
    *.microsoftonline-p.net
    *.microsoftonlineimages.com
    *.microsoftonlinesupport.net¹
    *.msecnd.net
    *.msocdn.com
    *.msn.com
    *.msn.co.jp
    *.msn.co.uk
    *.onmicrosoft.com
    *.office.com
    *.office.net
    *.office365.com
    *.officeapps.live.com
    *.outlook.com
    *.phonefactor.net
    *.Sharepoint.com
    *.Sharepointonline.com

    Article Here: Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges

    James.

  2. #32

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,050
    Thank Post
    888
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Just out of interest, do you have to run Internet Explorer before opening Outlook for first time in order for Office 365 account to be setup automatically? That's what I experience. Not too troublesome but curious if you have same issue. I wonder if it's something to do with our web filter needing a connection from IE to establish the user and policy etc.
    Nope, we have made it as an authentication exception as @EduTech suggests.

  3. #33
    Cache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,223
    Thank Post
    454
    Thanked 177 Times in 174 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    I believe it will be contacting "outlook.office365.com"

    This is the latest list as of 27/05

    *.aadrm.com
    *.activedirectory.windowsazure.com
    *.glbdns.microsoft.com
    *.live.com
    *.lync.com
    *.microsoft.com
    *.microsoftonline.com
    *.microsoftonline-p.com
    *.microsoftonline-p.net
    *.microsoftonlineimages.com
    *.microsoftonlinesupport.net¹
    *.msecnd.net
    *.msocdn.com
    *.msn.com
    *.msn.co.jp
    *.msn.co.uk
    *.onmicrosoft.com
    *.office.com
    *.office.net
    *.office365.com
    *.officeapps.live.com
    *.outlook.com
    *.phonefactor.net
    *.Sharepoint.com
    *.Sharepointonline.com

    Article Here: Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges

    James.
    While not directly relevent, anybody who's whitelisted the IP's for a proxy should take note of the notice posted in the Admin Center saying that some of them will be changing very soon.

  4. #34
    jamesbmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    533
    Thank Post
    26
    Thanked 232 Times in 162 Posts
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Really if it can be done with on premise it can be done with with 365 (obviously some work from MS is required).
    It's not as straightforward as you might think.

    For what it's worth, you might want to look at password sync as an alternative to ADFS if you're not getting the scenario you want. Maintaining a reliable and robust ADFS infrastructure when it's not delivering SSO 100% of the time could be overkill, whereas password sync gives you "consistent" sign-on which doesn't need you to have highly available servers.

    (I know I've linked to this many times in various threads, but it's still pretty accurate: Deploying Office 365 Education? You don't need single sign-on, and here's why!)

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    30
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    I feel this post is better here, rather than start a new topic, but has anyone managed to set this up as part of an admin file for Office 2013? I.e. Can we set up a basic profile for Outlook 2013 to ease our students connecting to O365? We're likely to be deploying Win8.1 with Office 2013 and I'd like to give a helping 'nudge' where possible.

  6. #36

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,050
    Thank Post
    888
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    453
    Got some news on this. Apparently they are changing how this authentication works so one day it will be SSO. Not sure when though!

  7. Thanks to FN-GM from:

    xenonive (6th August 2014)

  8. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    885
    Thank Post
    277
    Thanked 139 Times in 112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    27
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Got some news on this. Apparently they are changing how this authentication works so one day it will be SSO. Not sure when though!
    What is the source of this news and what have you been told? We've moved to office365 but feel the outlook use is a backward step compared to an onsite exchange box that we did have.

    Pete

  9. #38

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,050
    Thank Post
    888
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by FragglePete View Post
    What is the source of this news and what have you been told? We've moved to office365 but feel the outlook use is a backward step compared to an onsite exchange box that we did have.

    Pete
    Glad someone feels the same way I do!

    I was told this by an escalations engineer at Microsoft Technical Support.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Office 365 + Outlook - Trying to connect
    By Trapper in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30th January 2014, 09:28 AM
  2. [Office 365] Outlook Connectivity through proxy
    By Cache in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 17th December 2013, 03:40 PM
  3. [Office 365] dirsync and changed username
    By Cache in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 5th October 2013, 12:02 PM
  4. Office 365- Outlook Auto Account Setup
    By Tallwood_6 in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd August 2013, 08:17 AM
  5. Office 365 Pros and Cons
    By Primax98 in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15th July 2013, 09:25 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •