+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 A2 plan User Manual in Technical; Hello all Has anyone got a link to a good user manual for the educational A2 plan for Office 365 ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,716 Posts

Office 365 A2 plan User Manual

Hello all
    Has anyone got a link to a good user manual for the educational A2 plan for Office 365 - or has anyone written a nice guide I can "borrow"?
    I would be very grateful.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    What is it specifically you need to know? A lot of the time Googling issues finds answers, but you already know that

Thank Post
    I've googled madly all morning but can only really find instructions on how use the Outlook web app for emails etc. It is the rest of it - using Office Online and the sharing stuff that I can't find.
    All the guides I can find are for paid-for versions and they cover much more than the A2 plan has so are pretty useless for me
    I've logged on as a user but it really isn't that intuitive and I can't find some things myselft.

Thank Post
    Probably best advice I can give, is get the Exchange component of Office 365 up and running (which is relatively straight forward), then you can work on the other components at your own pace in the background.

Thank Post
    Hahahahahahahahahaha
    It has taken me MONTHS to get the exchange bit sorted out - mind you that was mostly SWGfL not Microsoft
    The boss want to roll out the whole thing in one go as really the major reason for moving is Office Online and the sharing and collaboration bit.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,729 Times in 2,308 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We went SharePoint heavy first for staff and class collaboration. It is all kind of hacked together though as there are no real tools for education build in, its all business focused.

Thank Post
    Days maybe, not months - but again it depends on your requirements

As I say, the beauty of Office 365 is that you can specify the components users access under licensing, by just enabling Exchange.

You can then setup additional accounts, but give these full access to all components for you to tweak/play with, then you can deploy it to all users.

Changing the e-mail provision is difficult enough for some users, but at least getting the Exchange component up and running, you can focus on everything else in time. It's not really logical to deploy 4 different systems/components in one go in my opinion.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Do you want a guide for yourself or a guide for your users? What parts of it are you planning to use?

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Nobody really uses the Office online apps, I wouldn't bother with the personally.

Its all about exchange online, and maybe SharePoint if your into that type of thing.

Thank Post
    Its for the users
    I need a guide to what to press! They are going to be creating and sharing documents in Office online, apparently. The email portion is working fine other than their folders not being there - they'll love that - and I will be organising the shortcut so that they will just go straight to their emails.
    I think
    A bit of speculation on my part really as nobody has said anything but I can just see them saying "right - we are rolling this out next week, how do they use it"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmm

Office Online is fine for what it is but it is extremely basic. Realistically, people would only use it if they were on a PC or tablet which didn't have the Office suite on it already.

It's not as if you can just say "Click here to open Office Online" either. To use Word Online (or excel or whatever), you have to open an existing file stored on a SharePoint library, be it that user's OneDrive for Business area or a shared one. If they want to start a new document, they'd have to create the file in the SharePoint library first then choose to edit it in Word/Excel/PowerPoint Online.

The "better" way of doing it would be to install Office 2013 on people's workstations and link it to either their OneDrive for Business area or to a shared SharePoint library and tell them to save their work in there instead of on the computers. It's a lot more seamless in O2013 that it has been in previous versions.

Thank Post
    I think that tablets is what they are thinking of. But I don't really know as nobody bothers to tell me of course

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oy vey. There's nothing like a bit of communication is there? It'd be nice to get some one day... (This is a pop at your manglement, not you!)

What sort of tablets are we talking about?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread