+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Adding Exchange Online Protection to existing tenant \ two domains on same EOP tenant in Technical; Morning All, Just wondering if anyone has any experience with adding Exchange Online Protection to already existing O365 Tenant. Current ...
    Thank Post

Adding Exchange Online Protection to existing tenant \ two domains on same EOP tenant

Morning All,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with adding Exchange Online Protection to already existing O365 Tenant.

Current Situation

* We have two domains. One our old .sch.uk domain which was provided by the authority a long time ago (currently using EOP)
    * Our new .org domain (currently using RM Store and Forward)

We have two tenants...

* 1) We signed up for FOPE (now EOP) for the .sch.uk domain a long time ago. This works fine with no issues whatsoever. It was recently moved to EOP and has it's own tenant. The .sch.uk domain is assigned to this tenant.
    * 2) We signed up for Office 365 a while back using our .org domain which is assigned to this tenant. This doesn't have EOP on it and we don't use it for exchange although Exchange is listed as one of our services available. We purely use it for Office Online and allowing students to download Office 2013.

Due to RM being incapable of resolving their recent issue with their Store and Forward being constantly added to spam blacklists we're looking into moving our .org domain to EOP as well.

However due to not being the person who set up the original EOP on the other domain and due to the fact the .org domain is already registered to an existing tenant without EOP I'm not sure how to progress.

Can I add the .org domain to the existing EOP setup (even though the domain is assigned to our O365 tenant) or can I use the current O365 tenant and add EOP to it? Any ideas how I'd go about this?

Bit long winded but hopefully someone can help!

Thank Post
    You can't have a domain in more than one Office 365 tenant at once; so you'll have to shut one of them down. The question is: which one?

From what you're saying it sounds like you've got one tenant where users are hosted for email (the .sch.uk one?), and the other is where you're facilitating access to Student Advantage (the .org one?).

Without diving too deep into the details, it looks like it would be easier to keep the existing tenant where users are already set up for mail (thereby avoiding any need for migration) and move the other one into it. There'll be some work needed to move the Student Advantage licences since this will be tied to your VL; however, that's going to be easier and quicker than doing a mail migration.

Thank Post
    Sorry I probably didn't word it very well!

No need for mail migrations etc. All our mail is hosted on site on Exchange 2013. We're looking at this purely from a EOP point of view for spam filtering etc. All staff have primary e-mail addresses ending .org which currently go through RM store and forward. Students have .sch.uk addresses which are going through EOP.

If we can't use the existing EOP tenant to filter mail coming from our .org domain due to the domain being in user elsewhere this isn't a massive issue as this will eventually become obsolete over time while we move everyone to .org

I suppose now it's a question of how do we add EOP to our existing tenant which has the .org domain assigned to it.

Thank Post
    Ok good news... I have noticed I can add the Exchange Online Protection by going to "Purchase Services" and it appears on there. Good news. I've got a license and "paid" for it.

EOP is showing up in my services however I have no link to access the settings for setting up the inbound and outbound connectors. I'm hoping this is just because it takes a while for the service to become fully active like various other parts of O365.

Now my biggest concern is I want to make sure when I eventually change my external MX records to my tenant that the mail goes through EOP and onto my on premise mail server and not delivered into the provisioned mail boxes for users on O365! Does anyone know the process for making sure this happens?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread