+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Forefront Online Protection migration - Office 365 but on site exchange. in Technical; Hi, We have FOPE (Forefront Online Protection), recently we have signed upto Office 365 but don't use Exchange Online, we ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,533 Posts
    Blog Entries

Forefront Online Protection migration - Office 365 but on site exchange.

Hi,

We have FOPE (Forefront Online Protection), recently we have signed upto Office 365 but don't use Exchange Online, we have an on-premise Exchange. A few weeks ago i received this email:

Your Forefront Online Protection for Exchange transition to Exchange Online Protection was cancelled

When we attempted to set up your new Exchange Online Protection (EOP) tenant, we noticed that your Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) domain(s) have been manually moved to an Office 365 tenant with an activated EOP, Exchange, Sharepoint, or Lync subscription, therefore we will not be moving any FOPE settings to EOP on your behalf.

If your anti-spam and anti-virus settings are configured in EOP to your organizations requirements, please ignore this email.
    I emailed them asking what i do when the Exchange server is still on-site. Weeks have passed and they haven't replied. With just under a week to go i need to get this sorted. What do i do when i have on-premise exchange? The only stuff i have found is when you don't have Office 365.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by FN-GM; 13th April 2014 at 05:26 PM.

Thank Post
    We have our Exchange on site and used FOPE as our mail filtering. We recently had our migration from FOPE to the new system although we haven't used our domain on O365 already so ours went without a hitch.

I assume your MX records are still set so your mail is still going through the old FOPE? I seem to recall the old system remains up and running for 30 days after your "migration" so you should have more time than you think.

When I'm back in tomorrow I'll dig out the new O365 settings that were pre-configured after our migration and let you know them. That should give you an idea of how you need to set it up.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

If you have registered your domain to that Office 365 tenant that you created that explains the message {you should have waited} :-) as it would of done all of that for you! anyway never the less,

because they have not been able to complete the migration due to the domain being registered already in O365 you will probably find that you will have to re-configure your new tenant {EOP} and then connect this to your On-Premise Environment before your FOPE Service is Decommissioned. Have they said weather FOPE will continue to run? or have they cancelled that subscription? I imagine it is the former as that states above that they have just cancelled your migration but not the service as such.

It might be a good idea to open a support case if you have any concerns, I can't give you a definite answer without having a look at your services state. but i think you will have to configure your new tenant that you created, and then connect that to On Premise Exchange and you will have to do this manually as the team have been unable to automate this due to the domain already being registered when you signed-up for O365.

During the FOPE > EOP Migration a Office 365 Tenant is created for you, Domain is Registered Automatically etc. and so because you created a tenant & registered the domain it interrupted the migration process.

James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, They have given me a deadline date (next week) so it looks like i only have a certain time to do this.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Arghh!! I can't log a service request. I keep getting a error that tells me to log a service request if i keep seeing this error. Catch 22

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @EduTech I have a case number SRX614041490230451ID - But they are telling me to email the migrations team who are not replying. I have until the end of the week to sort this. I was wondering if you can help steer this in the right direction please?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    @EduTech I have a case number SRX614041490230451ID - But they are telling me to email the migrations team who are not replying. I have until the end of the week to sort this. I was wondering if you can help steer this in the right direction please?

Thanks
    Hi Mate,

Your case should be in the hands of an Engineer now who should be able to help you or at least that is the last update I see. Let me know if you have heard nothing by tomorrow.

Thanks,
    James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ok cheers, Thanks very much.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi @EduTech no contact yet, getting worried as our deadline is tomorrow. Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Still nothing from MS i am afraid... Not sure what to do now.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mate,

I am currently speaking to the case owner and raised your concerns.

Thanks,

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    James, you are a Gent, he got this all sorted for me. Thanks again my friend

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread