+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, [Exchange online] Staged migration from 2k07 in Technical; Greetings all, My Office365 saga continues. Firstly, thanks to everyone in the community thats taken time to read my posts ...

Thank Post

[Exchange online] Staged migration from 2k07

Greetings all,

My Office365 saga continues. Firstly, thanks to everyone in the community thats taken time to read my posts and offer support during their otherwise busy days.

I'm attempting a staged migration as per Migrate Mailboxes to Exchange Online with a Staged Migration: Exchange Online Help. Once a mailbox has been migrated. There isnt any mail flow. looking at the mailbox properties on the exchange2007 server it seems that when O365 is tidying up it adds the target address attribute which is the .onmircosoft one but also adds that same address as a primary SMTP address. opening the properties of the mailbox on the server gives a warning about bad config. Sure enough both the vanity address (school.county.sch.uk) and the O365 (school.onmicrosoft.com) one are both highlighted in bold. I then need to uncheck the email policy box below and get it so that there is only the vanity domain as primary. Once that is done the flow returns. is this right? surely I'm missing something? There's 2k users to migrate!! oh the humanity!

regards

Thank Post
    hmmmm scratch that. I did the first part of the migration on my own account yesterday and didnt have to fiddle with AD to get mailflow working. I'll try with a test batch this morning and see what happens. fingers crossed.

On another note anyone had any experience with SRV records and KCOM's dns panel. when i tried to configure ours for lync I couldnt get it to resolve.

Autodiscovered SRV record: _sipfederationtls._tcp.school.county.sch.uk resolves to sipfed.online.lync.com.school.county.sch.uk, when expected value is: sipfed.online.lync.com.

that doesnt bother me too much but i'm seeing that i'll need to add an SRV for exchange online autodiscover.
    Last edited by s1ndr0me; 15th April 2014 at 08:28 AM.

Thank Post
    So I migrated myself today. by simply running the batch and then running the two scripts ExportO365UserInfo.ps1 & Exchange2007MBtoMEU.ps1. Now when i run the last one I get an error message about multiple primary SMTP's

Code:
    WARNING: Object school.sch/staff/other staff/it boys  -own desktop/user.name has been corrupted and it is in an inconsistent state. The following
    validation errors have occurred:
    WARNING: There are multiple primary SMTP addresses. Please ensure there is only one primary address for each address type.
    WARNING: Object school.sch/staff/other staff/it boys  -own desktop/user.name has been corrupted and it is in an inconsistent state. The following
    validation errors have occurred:
    WARNING: There are multiple primary SMTP addresses. Please ensure there is only one primary address for each address type.
    It then continues the process of converting the mailbox to an MEU. At the end it gives a red error of

Code:
    Set-MailUser : There are multiple primary SMTP addresses. Please ensure there is only one primary address for each address type.
    when I go into the mailbox on exchange it has one primary email address and thats the user.name@school.onmicrosoft.com as the Primary SMTP one and has the SMTP:user.name@school.county.sch.uk as the external email. To me this looks good. Mailflow is.....er, flowing and the mailbox doesnt error when opening it in exchange. I think I am good to start proper. csv files are made I just need to grow a pair and pull the trigger.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ndr0me View Post
    hmmmm scratch that. I did the first part of the migration on my own account yesterday and didnt have to fiddle with AD to get mailflow working. I'll try with a test batch this morning and see what happens. fingers crossed.

On another note anyone had any experience with SRV records and KCOM's dns panel. when i tried to configure ours for lync I couldnt get it to resolve.

Autodiscovered SRV record: _sipfederationtls._tcp.school.county.sch.uk resolves to sipfed.online.lync.com.school.county.sch.uk, when expected value is: sipfed.online.lync.com.

that doesnt bother me too much but i'm seeing that i'll need to add an SRV for exchange online autodiscover.
    Put a fullstop on the end otherwise a dns server automatically appends the domain name to it so you record becomes sipfed.online.lync.com.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread