+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 - Enable admin to access to all students OneDrive documents in Technical; Can I globally set a Site Collection Administrators? Has anyone got any idea of how to I globally set the ...

Thank Post

Office 365 - Enable admin to access to all students OneDrive documents

Can I globally set a Site Collection Administrators?

Has anyone got any idea of how to I globally set the "Site Collection Administrators" to individual users profiles so I can to enable admin access to all students OneDrive documents?

What I want to achieve is to, as an admin, access my all of my students documents that they put in there OneDrive.

The only way that I have been able to find to do this so far is doing the following steps:

1) Log in as an admin
    2) Goto Sharepoint Management
    3) In "User Profiles" click "Manage User Profiles"
    4) Search for my test user
    5) Click on test user and goto to "Manage Site Collection Owners"
    6) Add admin account in "Site Collection Administrators"

Now you can see that users files from the OneDrive by selecting the user again and this time clicking 'Manage Personal Site' then you can click on their 'Documents'

Is there:
    1) any easy way to automate this?? or preference to enable this by default?
    2) a simple solution that I can't find!!

Thanks for any help / advice / hints!

Peter

Thank Post
    I have also posted this on the Office365 forum - Enable admin to access to all students OneDrive documents - Can I globally set a Site Collection Administrators? | Manage Office 365 | Microsoft Office 365 Community

Someone from Microsoft have given an answer, confirming that it is only possible to do user by user. Or detailed a way to get users to add admin to there accounts.

I'm not alone in wanting access to my students OneDrive's?? True PolicyCentral will pick issues up issues.

I do hope everyone will appreciate the change to Office365 when its rolled out!

Thank Post
    peter did you find a solution to this issue. I too would really like to access the pupils onedrive and manually doing 1400 is

Thank Post
    Not yet I'm afraid, I haven't had a change to look into it further yet either.

Thank Post
    I have just managed to find a script that someone cleverer than me wrote ;

This script assigns all 'Company Administrators' as Owners on every user's personal site I have changed the script so that the Company domain is 'YourDomain.com'. Also, if your Admins' email addresses aren't the same as their UPNs, you'll need to amend the script accordingly... ########### $objCreds = Get-Credential Connect-SPOService -Url https://yourdomain-admin.sharepoint.com -credential $objCreds Connect-MSOLService -credential $objCreds $objRole = Get-MsolRole -RoleName "Company Administrator" $colAdmins = Get-MsolRoleMember -RoleObjectId $objRole.ObjectId | Select EmailAddress $colUsers = Get-MSOLUser -All | Select UserPrincipalName foreach ($objUser in $colUsers){ $strUser = $objUser.userprincipalname $intPos = $strUser.IndexOf("@") $strUser = $strUser.SubString(0, $intPos) $strSite = "https://yourdomain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/" + $strUser $strSite = $strSite + "_yourdomain_com" foreach ($objAdmin in $colAdmins){ Set-SPOUser -Site $strSite -LoginName $objAdmin.EmailAddress -IsSiteCollectionAdmin $true } } Write-Host "Press any key to continue ..." $x = $host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown") ############

I have tried putting my school domain in but am not getting any joy and not having delved too deep into PowerShell it is just confusing me! Maybe one of the many guys who is more familiar with the scripting of PS can get it working?

Simon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread