+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 licensing. Any licensing experts out there? in Technical; We currently use Office 365 for student email and our license type is Exchange Online (Plan 1) for Students - ...
    Thank Post

Question Office 365 licensing. Any licensing experts out there?

We currently use Office 365 for student email and our license type is Exchange Online (Plan 1) for Students - Free.

As part of our Microsoft EES agreement, we have O365 ProPlus for Student licenses.

My question is, how do I apply the O365 ProPlus for Student licenses to our existing setup? I have been through all of the MS help screens, but it doesn't seem obvious?

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers - Andrew

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Exchange Online (Plan 1) was used in the Live@Edu days and has now been replaced with Office 365 Education A2 for Faculty and Office 365 Education A2 for Students.

The main difference being Exchange Online (Plan 1) was/is literally Exchange, whereas A2 includes other options such as Office Online for Education, Lync Online (Plan 2) and SharePoint Plan 1 for EDU.

To answer your question though, by logging in as a Global Administrator and selecting 'Purchase Services', scroll down and you'll see Office 365 ProPlus for Students and Office 365 ProPlus for Faculty.

3. Thanks to Michael from:

adhutton (31st March 2014)

Thank Post
    Andrew,
    you need to go to purchase the license for Office 365 ProPlus and then as you go to purchase you will have a promo code to enter.
    Alex

5. Thanks to apearce from:

adhutton (31st March 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apearce View Post
    Andrew,
    you need to go to purchase the license for Office 365 ProPlus and then as you go to purchase you will have a promo code to enter.
    Alex
    Where do I get the promo code from Alex?

We have an Office ProPlus Open for Students license key as part of our MS EES agreement which is already in place. I tried using that, but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Cheers - Andrew

Thank Post
    Speak to your reseller. They will place an order with Microsoft for 0.0.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adhutton View Post
    Where do I get the promo code from Alex?

We have an Office ProPlus Open for Students license key as part of our MS EES agreement which is already in place. I tried using that, but it doesn't work.
    If you haven't already, you'll need to place an order for Student Advantage with your re-seller. They'll handle the rest, and you'll end up with a product key which you can get from VLSC which you can enter into the tenant to unlock the Office 365 ProPlus licences for your students.

I've written a bunch of useful blog posts on this: Browse by Tags - UK Education Cloud Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

9. Thanks to jamesbmarshall from:

adhutton (2nd April 2014)

Thank Post
    May I slightly divert this thread?

I've been asked to look into this as a much wider topic / project but aside from the 'sales' bumph I can't find any technical documents regarding how it's setup and what we'd need to do to implement it. Is there anyone out there with a 'how to' guide? I'm after info like integration into our existing setup, migration of files to OneDrive if appropriate (is it even necessary?) stuff like that.

All my requests to suppliers for information has fallen on deaf ears it would seem so I'm chasing my tail at the moment.

Thanks

HBJB

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heebeejeebee View Post
    May I slightly divert this thread?

I've been asked to look into this as a much wider topic / project but aside from the 'sales' bumph I can't find any technical documents regarding how it's setup and what we'd need to do to implement it. Is there anyone out there with a 'how to' guide? I'm after info like integration into our existing setup, migration of files to OneDrive if appropriate (is it even necessary?) stuff like that.

All my requests to suppliers for information has fallen on deaf ears it would seem so I'm chasing my tail at the moment.
    Here are some useful resources: Office 365 Education Deployment Resources - UK Education Cloud Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

I haven't updated that page for a little while (I moved roles in December) but there should be some good links for you to work through.

TechNet is your friend.

12. Thanks to jamesbmarshall from:

Heebeejeebee (2nd April 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    Here are some useful resources: Office 365 Education Deployment Resources - UK Education Cloud Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

I haven't updated that page for a little while (I moved roles in December) but there should be some good links for you to work through.

TechNet is your friend.
    Marvelous - that's a great start. Don't know how I missed that in my frantic Googling

HBJB

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread