+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Email migration to O365 in Technical; Hi all, Stuck a bit.... Moving from LA hosted Zimbra 5 to O365. Got all my users set up but ...
    Thank Post

Question Email migration to O365

Hi all,

Stuck a bit....

Moving from LA hosted Zimbra 5 to O365.
    Got all my users set up but looks like I have to migrate the mail manually with .pst's.

a) Using POP can I get calendar data down into Outlook ?

b) Is there a way of getting 'sent items', 'Drafts' etc down and put into corresponding folders ?

c) Once I've got my .pst populated, how do I get it up onto O365.

d) Am I doing this the hard way ?

Many cheers,

Mikkydoos

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    As far as I know you cannot export/import Calendar data - it's just as well to re-create it in Office 365 from a particular date.

Zimbra when configured with Outlook will only migrate the root of Inbox, so if there are items in Sent Items etc... or indeed sub Inbox folders, you need to move them in turn to the root of Inbox. It's messy but it works.

The alternative is IMAP, but Link2ICT limit you as to how many users can connect this way.

So you've got data into a PST, you then create the Office 365 account in Outlook, then import the PST into this account. This is when your upload will make all the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know you cannot export/import Calendar data - it's just as well to re-create it in Office 365 from a particular date.

Zimbra when configured with Outlook will only migrate the root of Inbox, so if there are items in Sent Items etc... or indeed sub Inbox folders, you need to move them in turn to the root of Inbox. It's messy but it works.

The alternative is IMAP, but Link2ICT limit you as to how many users can connect this way.

So you've got data into a PST, you then create the Office 365 account in Outlook, then import the PST into this account. This is when your upload will make all the difference.

3. Thanks to Michael from:

mikkydoos (24th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Cheers Michael

IMAP is a mail only protocol isn't it ? Calendar or folders won't sync will they ?

The IMAP route is easier if that's the case. I'll just have to do it dept by dept.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Michael

IMAP is a mail only protocol isn't it ? Calendar or folders won't sync will they ?

The IMAP route is easier if that's the case. I'll just have to do it dept by dept.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    IMAP or POP, you cannot export calendar data. The only possibility is exporting calendar data to an .ics file (I think) and importing into Outlook, but not sure if Outlook itself supports .ics files.

Thing is, the Office 365 calendar is much better, so by creating appointments from scratch at least you'll know it works properly.

- - - Updated - - -

IMAP or POP, you cannot export calendar data. The only possibility is exporting calendar data to an .ics file (I think) and importing into Outlook, but not sure if Outlook itself supports .ics files.

Thing is, the Office 365 calendar is much better, so by creating appointments from scratch at least you'll know it works properly.

6. Thanks to Michael from:

mikkydoos (24th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Cheers for your comments Michael ; )

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for your comments Michael ; )

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread