+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, O365 Migration Questions in Technical; Hi, So I have convinced SLT that O365 is the way forward (from Zimbra L2ICT in bham). I have signed ...
    Thank Post

O365 Migration Questions

Hi,

So I have convinced SLT that O365 is the way forward (from Zimbra L2ICT in bham).

I have signed up, verified my domain via TXT file in DNS and I am now ready to start setting up users etc..

For now I was going to upload a CSV with the users in, I have a couple of questions:

1) When selecting A2 licences I assume I have to add as many faculty and students as I have at the school or do I select 1 licence for each that covers everyone ?

2) What's the best way to add the users now before the 'go live' date: I.e. do I use the actual email domain or the @schoolname.onmicrosoft.com one? and change it later using the O365 control panel (I added a test user using the real email domain and I immediately got a warning about needing to verify the domain to qualify for education pricing, even though I already have done this... I assume this is because the actual MX records are not updated yet, which I'm not ready to do just yet. Just a strange warning that put me off balance slightly... It's like it was saying the email domain wasn't verified again)

I hope that makes sense, thanks in advance.

Nick.

Thank Post
    1) You need enough Student accounts for your students, and enough staff accounts for your staff. As they are free you can always add more of each type if you find you are running out down the line.

2) As long as your school domain name has been verified and you have completed the setup steps, then you can create you users with the @schoolname.realdomain
    No e-mail will arrive in that account from external sources until you get your main DNS MX record updated to point to Office 365 instead of Zimbra

3. Thanks to Boredguy from:

Trojan (14th March 2014)

Thank Post
    That's great thanks, confirms what I thought.. Any ideas why it told me the domain wasn't verified again as soon as I manually added a user with @schoolrealdomain ?

Thank Post
    In the Office 365 Admin console, when you go do Domains, does it show your real school domain as Active?
    If not, then you need to complete the process for verification so it know to go off and read the txt file in your DNS.

If you have already done this and it is active, it should not complain that it's not verified.

6. Thanks to Boredguy from:

Trojan (14th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi,

Yes it says that it's active. I'm currently preparing the csv so i'll see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

Update: It's working spot on.
    Last edited by Trojan; 14th March 2014 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Update

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread