+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, O365 Email to UPN Suffix? in Technical; Currently I'm using only the pre2000 logins locally. dcc-sch-4505\username or on a domain PC username and password. I've added the ...
    Thank Post

O365 Email to UPN Suffix?

Currently I'm using only the pre2000 logins locally. dcc-sch-4505\username or on a domain PC username and password.

I've added the upn suffix beaminster.dorset.sch.uk the same as our external domain used for emails etc.

I can select multiple users and apply this upn suffix but I'll need some way of setting the UPN username to match their current email address.

Some users have a upn username already which matches their pre2000 login. but not their email address. if their was away of adding [email]firstsecondname@beaminster.dorset.sch.uk[/notemail] to all users UPN WITHOUT altering the older login that would get 90% of my users. is a pre existing, or null UPN username going to be an issue?

How do I proceed. It appears IDFix isn't meant for this job...

Thank Post
    As long as the UPN suffix has been updated so that DirSync correctly sets the correct domain name, the only other thing you really need to ensure that is correct for users is their e-mail address.

What format their username is on your domain does not really matter since it's using the e-mail address as the primary authentication method along with the users password.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredguy View Post
    As long as the UPN suffix has been updated so that DirSync correctly sets the correct domain name, the only other thing you really need to ensure that is correct for users is their e-mail address.

What format their username is on your domain does not really matter since it's using the e-mail address as the primary authentication method along with the users password.
    I think it uses the upn which is the loginname@suffix and password.
    Then the email field as their email.
    My users currently have a different login to email address due to not wanting to change the local logins.

If there is a way of doing this then I'd like to know.

You can use a tool called bulk ad to modify attributes, this is how I populated the email fields.

Thank Post
    I know it's not using loginname@suffix since my local network logon name is different to my e-mail address (as defined in Active Directory) and I only logon to 365 resources with the e-mail address and password.

As long as the suffix matches the 365 domain, and your e-mail address is valid for that domain you are ok.

Thank Post
    Yes, I think it'd be wayyy easier to say to new users that their email is the login. This is my test pupil and both logins work on the domain. and the DIrsync will use the upn...

I was hoping to script this...

user1.PNG

user2.PNG

In this example you can also see that the email has had a collision so the 2 was suffixed. So a script to take the email and make it the upn would be amazing otherwise a firstlast would get 90%
    Last edited by chazzy2501; 21st February 2014 at 01:47 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread