+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 - Restricting Outlook? in Technical; Hi all, i have just come back to this. We are using ADFS so it will make things easier. Looking ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi all, i have just come back to this. We are using ADFS so it will make things easier. Looking at this link i should be able to do it. I want to allow ActivSync and OWA for external users. This is so smartphones can get email via and app and then other users can access email from home via a web interface. However we don't want them to connect via outlook using ActivSync, can i put a policy in place to prevent outlook as a client via Activesync? Then use outlook anywhere internally? But block Outlook Anywhere externally?

Using the stuff in the link should i be able to achieve blocking outlook externally but still other services?

Would merging Scenario 2 & 3 do it?

What protocol does the OWA app for iPhone and Android use please? Thinking i could just set the policy to only allow web based externally and use the dedicated app for smartphone users.

Thanks
    Last edited by FN-GM; 7th June 2014 at 12:18 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Hi all, i have just come back to this. We are using ADFS so it will make things easier. Looking at this link i should be able to do it. I want to allow ActivSync and OWA for external users. This is so smartphones can get email via and app and then other users can access email from home via a web interface. However we don't want them to connect via outlook using ActivSync, can i put a policy in place to prevent outlook as a client via Activesync? Then use outlook anywhere internally? But block Outlook Anywhere externally?

Using the stuff in the link should i be able to achieve blocking outlook externally but still other services?

Would merging Scenario 2 & 3 do it?

What protocol does the OWA app for iPhone and Android use please? Thinking i could just set the policy to only allow web based externally and use the dedicated app for smartphone users.

Thanks

BUMP

Thank Post
    School policy. We don't want data stored on devices that are not encypted. Outlook uses IMAP so it doesn't have the features to enforce the encyption.
    Maybe MS can do a domain app like Google do so it enforces things like encryption and passwords before they are given access to schools data.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    Maybe MS can do a domain app like Google do so it enforces things like encryption and passwords before they are given access to schools data.
    Even if it is encrypted it still doesn't comply. School data is not permitted on personal devices.

Please can we try and keep on topic?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12