+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 questions in Technical; I could have done it by hand 3 times over by now... So that what I'll do...
    Thank Post
    I could have done it by hand 3 times over by now... So that what I'll do

Thank Post
    @sonofsanta I can't get this to work? it just outputs "type 1 for students or staff" every other line of the script?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 999 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    @sonofsanta I can't get this to work? it just outputs "type 1 for students or staff" every other line of the script?
    Should only do that if you're giving it something other than 1 or 2 for the answer, as per the while loop. Try adding
    Code:
    Write-Host "userType was " $userType -f red
    in the while loop, after the Read-Host line, see if it's outputting what you input.

Thank Post
    I'm copying your script and right clicking and pasting into the ps window. is their another way?

Thank Post
    hummm, spotted an error with my csv and re did it... it's zipping away with yellow green and mostly red stuff

EDIT:

it's stopped not complete:

Code:
    The term 'Set-MsolUserLicense' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, funct
    ion, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a
    path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:8 char:28
    +         Set-MsolUserLicense <<<<  -UserPrincipalName $_.EmailAddress -AddLice
    nses
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Set-MsolUserLicense:String) [],
        CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

BeaminsterSch:OFFICESUBSCRIPTION_STUDENT
    pupilnamehidden@beaminster.dorset.sch.uk granted Office licence
    looking at the last user it says licence granted but it hasn't.
    Last edited by chazzy2501; 20th March 2014 at 04:34 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Save it into a blank text document, save it with a .ps1 extension, then open PowerShell, cd to the correct directory and run it with .\scriptName.ps1 - easiest way of running it (whilst being able to edit it).

Not sure why it's complaining about Set-MsolUserLicense not being recognized - it bloomin' well is a command. Have you installed the Windows Azure Active Directory Module for Windows Powershell?

Thank Post
    I consider myself moderately intelligent and all I have to do is modify a script! 3 hours of pi55ing around has gotten me bu33er all. Now is it possible that I have an old or wrong version of something? because I'm pasting in commands and something won't work. (named parameter not found and invalid arguments)

Could someone write a script for me "a2 plan students" & "office pro plus" for all my pupils in the department "pupil" and set them to GB location just in case. This may need to override existing licensing options and they may or may not be licenced. my sdku thingy is "BeaminsterSch"

I'm updating my server tonight in case I'm missing a patch>?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

If you are finding that the above cmdlets are not available for you to use, then this is most likely because you have an out-dated version of the Windows Azure Active Directory PowerShell Module. I would advise you to review the following article: Manage Windows Azure AD using Windows PowerShell

Download the latest version of the PowerShell module based on the architecture of your device.

If you need any further help let me know.

James.

Thank Post
    That is the exact link where I installed the module this morning. (the link was purple :0)

I've just spotted the run as admin in the startup (I've been using the desktop shortcut) most things although not working are now not complaining of unknown cmdlts!

This Fing sucks... Hours wasted because of a useless need to run as admin...

starting over..

Thank Post
    That is the exact link where I installed the module this morning. (the link was purple :0)

I've just spotted the run as admin in the startup (I've been using the desktop shortcut) most things although not working are now not complaining of unknown cmdlts!

starting over..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I've just been reading up, and apparently the data centre is decided when you sign up, not because of this command?
    Got a link somewhere that says different. Apparently its like that for companies who are global so they can use the data center closest to the user.

Checked the link, its dead, must be duff information!
    Last edited by FN-GM; 20th March 2014 at 06:12 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post

starting over..
    The symptoms your have been explaining would be caused if you are using an out of date module or if the module hasn't been imported into the powershell session. so please be mindful this is the case before running such commands.

It's not hours wasted :-) it's all good learning!

James.

Thank Post
    While we're talking Powershell. Does anyone know how I can bulk add a an SMTP address to each user that is the same as the first part of their current SMTP address, but with a different latter part? For example jbloggs@google.com is their current one, but I want to add jbloggs@google.co.uk and set that as their primary. And do the same for each user.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    While we're talking Powershell. Does anyone know how I can bulk add a an SMTP address to each user that is the same as the first part of their current SMTP address, but with a different latter part? For example jbloggs@google.com is their current one, but I want to add jbloggs@google.co.uk and set that as their primary. And do the same for each user.
    In an Active Directory powershell window (not Azure, local AD), based on looping through a CSV called changeEmail.csv saved in the same folder as this .ps1 script with the header EmailAddress and Username:
    Code:
    Import-Csv .\changeEmail.csv | foreach-object {
    	$coUkEmail = $_.EmailAddress.Replace("google.com", "google.co.uk")
    	Set-ADUser -Identity $_.Username -EmailAddress $coUkEmail
    	Get-ADUser $Username | Set-ADUser -Add @{proxyAddresses=$EmailAddress} -PassThru
    	Write-Host "`n============================================`n" -ForegroundColor Green
    }
    That uses Replace to create the new email based on the old, sets the primary address to the new, and adds the old as a proxy address (which is what Office 365 uses for alternate addresses - don't know about Google apps if that's what you're using).

Not actually tested that as it's based on combining & stripping down parts from two scripts, one used to add the @ tenancy.onmicrosoft.com address as well as an @ school.org address, the other for renaming a user and keeping all their old addresses.

You should be able to create the CSV using PowerShell to dump AD details into a file, though it might take some tidying up. And yes, I do use CSVs for all my PowerShell, because I am a one trick pony and can't work out the better ways of doing it if you wanted to do it all at once there should be a way of just moving through all the AD objects in a particular tree - someone smarter may be able to tell you.
    Last edited by sonofsanta; 21st March 2014 at 09:32 AM.

Thank Post
    You can do it easily without scripting via the AD Users and Computer interface

Select your users -> Properties
    Tick the e-mail box then enter the value %username%@google.co.uk
    Hit Ok and it's done

Note: it will replace the old one, otherwise you will need to PS it to use the proxyAddress for aliases
    Last edited by Boredguy; 21st March 2014 at 11:22 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast