+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Exchange 2013 and Office 365 using LEA proxy, cant complete Hybrid Config Wizard in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Exchange 2013 and Office 365 using LEA proxy, cant complete Hybrid Config Wizard

Hi,

I am struggling to complete the Hybrid Config Wizard, it goes through; Connecting to tenant, Checking tenant pre-requisites, Configuring organization relations but then stops with this:

Updating hybrid configuration failed with error ‎'Subtask NeedsConfiguration execution failed: Configure Organization Relationship Exchange was unable to communicate with the autodiscover endpoint for your Office 365 tenant. This is typically an outbound http access configuration issue. If you are using a proxy server for outbound communication, verify that Exchange is configured to use it via the “Get-ExchangeServer –InternetWebProxy” cmdlet. Use the “Set-ExchangeServer –InternetWebProxy <name of your proxy server>” cmdlet to configure if needed. at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Hybrid.OrganizationR elationshipTask.get_OnpremisesFederationInfo‎()‎ at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Hybrid.OrganizationR elationshipTask.NeedsConfiguration‎(ITaskContext taskContext)‎ at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Hybrid.Engine.Execut eSubStep‎(String subStepName, ITaskContext taskContext, ITask task, Func`3 substep, Func`4 createException, Boolean throwOnFalse)‎ ‎'.

I have tried adding our LEA provided proxy settings in NETSH but it still stops at this point.

Could it be a port issue like 997 being blocked?

Currently our onsite Exchange 2013 server is running fine in all respects. How did you guys configure yours if you're behing the LEA firewall and using their proxy? Or is this a red-herring and I shouldn't read too much into the MS error?

I know i'm a bit light on surrounding details but I think it MAY not be relevant if someone had the same isssue...

Any advice would be most gratefully received.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Install Microsoft message analyser.

Run the wizard again, see what it turn up.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you are using a proxy server for outbound communication, verify that Exchange is configured to use it via the “Get-ExchangeServer –InternetWebProxy” cmdlet. Use the “Set-ExchangeServer –InternetWebProxy &lt;name of your proxy server&gt;” cmdlet to configure if needed.

You did this bit?

Thank Post
    Sort of.

I think I can view it with this: Get-ExchangeServer | fl name, internetwebproxy which reveals the proxy : port but there are no exceptions, I thought it may be important to exclude the local address of the server in the exceptions. In IE the exceptions are there but they don't show up using the command I just mentioned. The command the error message suggests doesn't work; see below. If I use netsh winhttp show proxy that DOES have the correct proxy AND a bypass list with correct settings but I wasn't sure if this was somehow a different thing. I wonder if anyone who managed to do this had to add any other settings to their server/internet connection such as rules for port forwarding etc.

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-ExchangeServer -InternetWebProxy
    A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'InternetWebProxy'.
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: ( [Get-ExchangeServer], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Get-ExchangeServer
    + PSComputerName : xxx.domain.xxx (I changed this)
    Last edited by dan_lumbard; 3rd February 2014 at 11:52 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread