+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Encrypted Emails with Office 365 in Technical; Afternoon All So, we're moving away from the CLEO/OCL Online Bundle and for the e-mails we're going to use the ...
    Thank Post

Encrypted Emails with Office 365

Afternoon All

So, we're moving away from the CLEO/OCL Online Bundle and for the e-mails we're going to use the free Office 365 Package for Education, all straight forward enough.

The question I have though is regarding secure e-mail services. Now, up until this point, we've never really needed to send secure e-mails outside of the Lancashire system, and we will still be able to use the secure e-mail system for Lancashire for sending e-mails as we need to currently, but we're in the process of registering for a new examinations board who have asked about the secure transmission of data and exam papers.

Papers is easy, they're packaged up in the stuff provided by the exams board, then put in a courier bag and sent for a next day, but I've been asked to investigate the options for secure e-mail transmissions now, so I thought I'd ask the question what does everyone else do for secure e-mails?

I know there is a secure e-mail option for some of the enterprise editions of Office 365, but I can't find anything relating to the Educational editions.

Thanks all
    Andy

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,249 Posts
    The Office 365 login page login.microsoftonline.com is encrypted, however you're right, the e-mails themselves are not sent securely when travelling to their destination.

One option of course is to enter the content on a passworded Word or Excel document, attach this to the email, then phone/text the password. Using two transmission methods is the most secure way.

3. Thanks to Michael from:

soveryapt (22nd January 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The Office 365 login page login.microsoftonline.com is encrypted, however you're right, the e-mails themselves are not sent securely when travelling to their destination.

One option of course is to enter the content on a passworded Word or Excel document, attach this to the email, then phone/text the password. Using two transmission methods is the most secure way.
    Yeah, this is one, but I think they're wanting something along the lines of they log in to a secure e-mail system (doesn't have to be part of Office 365, but if it is, great) send an e-mail to someone and they get an e-mail saying they've been sent a secure e-mail but can only access it by then logging into a secure system somewhere. It's how the Lancashire County system works at present and they quite like that. I suspect they can probably just make use of that system as it's not a part of the Online Services we're moving away from, but part of County stuff itself ..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread