+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Magellan in Technical; Anyone got a flyer for this or seen the demo, it looks quite interesting although haven't seen the costs yet. ...

Thank Post

Magellan

Anyone got a flyer for this or seen the demo, it looks quite interesting although haven't seen the costs yet.

Magellan - Please Wait . . .

Thank Post
    Hi, got the flyer, looks really promising, they are demo'ing at BETT. It looks like a great step forward, Just give them a shout, they are a great company.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    Anyone got a flyer for this or seen the demo, it looks quite interesting although haven't seen the costs yet.

Magellan - Please Wait . . .
    I got the flyer too. Will be looking into it at BETT. Looks promising, depends on price.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    I got the flyer too. Will be looking into it at BETT. Looks promising, depends on price.
    Just an update, so far the best thing I have seen at bett, they have a single sign on for any site you want with a form login. The best bit by far is a RDP to HTML, meaning fast connection to single applications.

Nice and east system to use, even had the maths teacher adding tiles and setting permissions after a 5 min demo.

Think I will be ordering this for my place shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teklogic View Post
    Just an update, so far the best thing I have seen at bett, they have a single sign on for any site you want with a form login. The best bit by far is a RDP to HTML, meaning fast connection to single applications.

Nice and east system to use, even had the maths teacher adding tiles and setting permissions after a 5 min demo.

Think I will be ordering this for my place shortly.
    Do you know how much it will all cost? There is a price for Magellan and then the back end. All the MS licencing etc. We will be looking at it too.

Thank Post
    This was the last thing we looked at BETT, if it hadn't been for the lady handing out pens we might have just walked on by! I'm so glad we didn't as it looks pretty awesome. RDP access to MS apps on any device? Sign me up!

Thank Post
    Had a web demo of it yesterday, it looked real good. They did say they are still working on office 365 and Google password syncs but they showed me the Edmodo logon sync and it worked well. I imagine that if M$ in their wisdom change the password methods these guys are using it can be fixable as that's a game changer. The remote sessions worked well too. just want a price now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    This was the last thing we looked at BETT, if it hadn't been for the lady handing out pens we might have just walked on by! I'm so glad we didn't as it looks pretty awesome. RDP access to MS apps on any device? Sign me up!
    Would you not get this using remoteapp which is built into Server 2012?

Thank Post
    Got the Leaflet as well and does look good with really nice interface but have sort of covered this with SSO to most things in school linked to our AD and then Remote access to computers for staff (staff simple dual factor to MIS) and students using our own system. The only thing that worries me with allowing files to be copied between school and home is data protection and which file is the most up to date, loss of data if computer crashes at home by keeping everything in school it is backed up and only using up to date copy and as mentioned above Remote access systems would and should cover a lot of this functionality.

Might arrange a Demo though in case I am missing something.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information