+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Migration from CLEO Mail Servers to Office 365 in Technical; Afternoon all Right, so as part of the migration away from bits and pieces, one thing we're looking to do ...
    Thank Post

Migration from CLEO Mail Servers to Office 365

Afternoon all

Right, so as part of the migration away from bits and pieces, one thing we're looking to do is move to Office 365 for the e-mail provision. Currently, our mail is hosted on the CLEO Exchange servers with One Connect, so I just wondered if anyone has been through the process, and if so, what they found was the best way of migrating from the CLEO servers.

At the moment, the only real way I'm seeing is a user per user basis and using outlook then copying the information over, which could be quite tiresome to say the least.

Cheers
    Andy

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We did it using pst files for all staff, worked quite well and was surprisingly small amount of work in the end.

Students we just setup new mailboxes.

Created all users with a csv file.

Job done!

3. Thanks to zag from:

soveryapt (28th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    We did it using pst files for all staff, worked quite well and was surprisingly small amount of work in the end.

Job done!
    That's exactly the process I'm in the middle of (not with CLEO, with LLN but same process)
    Use a .csv file to create your users in Office365 (there's a sample .csv file to download from within Office365)
    On a workstation with outlook installed, create a Mail profile for each member of staff with their CLEO email account, and their new Office365 account
    Export CLEO mailbox from Outlook to a PST file
    Import PST file back into the Office365 mailbox.

The only stumbling block I found was that the Office365 mailbox didn't seem to be setup properly until it had been logged into for the first time and the temporary password changed. After that its straightforward, if a little time-consuming depending on the number of staff in your school.

You might want to setup an autoforward rule on the old mailbox so all new emails are forward on to the new Office365 address.

5. 2 Thanks to hallb15:

soveryapt (28th November 2013), zag (28th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post

Job done!
    Quote Originally Posted by hallb15 View Post
    That's exactly the process I'm in the middle of (not with CLEO, with LLN but same process)
    Use a .csv file to create your users in Office365 (there's a sample .csv file to download from within Office365)
    On a workstation with outlook installed, create a Mail profile for each member of staff with their CLEO email account, and their new Office365 account
    Export CLEO mailbox from Outlook to a PST file
    Import PST file back into the Office365 mailbox.

The only stumbling block I found was that the Office365 mailbox didn't seem to be setup properly until it had been logged into for the first time and the temporary password changed. After that its straightforward, if a little time-consuming depending on the number of staff in your school.

You might want to setup an autoforward rule on the old mailbox so all new emails are forward on to the new Office365 address.
    Thanks both. I guess this will be the way forward then.

Need to get the final yes from the powers that be, but wanted to be sure of the information before I go down that route!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread