+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Migrate from FirstClass to any other email client! in Technical; I have come across an issue that is going to happen several times over in the next few months regarding ...

Thank Post

Migrate from FirstClass to any other email client!

I have come across an issue that is going to happen several times over in the next few months regarding FirstClass.

Has anyone figured out an easy, and more importantly free, way to export email from FirstClass so they can then be imported back into something like Outlook? The company who own FirstClass seem to want to charge for this service so I'm sure there must be another way!!

Any ideas would be very helpful!!

Thank Post
    I spent weeks and I mean weeks before the summer holidays investigating migrating our FirstClass server to Office365.

It just doesn't work.

IMAP is flaky on the FirstClass server and any messages I did manage to pull off was from the root inbox folder. Any e-mails that had been put into a separate folder wouldn't upload.

I asked Firstclass about the IMAP problem and they just said it does work.... Microsoft were very helpful and they checked and double checked my IMAP settings as they said everything was fine.

After a google search about others attempting to migrate the data from the box - most have just stopped after hitting a brick wall.

So we just had to relicense again for another year, I am determined by this time next year, we will have moved to another product.... somehow.

If you find a way, i'd be interested in hearing what you have done - to be honest even if I have to pay FirstClass to help me migrate the data I may be tempted.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't know how first class works so forgive me is there no way you can export them to a pst file or use outlook express and connect to their servers that way and then do an archive or something

Thank Post
    There are free tools that can migrate mail direct from one server to another using IMAP. One I have used in the past several times is IMAPcopy.
    IMAPcopy

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread