+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, [New] Multi-Factor Authentication - Office 365 in Technical; Hi, I hope those of you who are using Office 365 are having a great experience!... I just wanted to ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb [New] Multi-Factor Authentication - Office 365

Hi,

I hope those of you who are using Office 365 are having a great experience!... I just wanted to mention for those of you who don't follow me on Twitter/Facebook etc. that a few weeks ago Microsoft released the Multi-Factor Authentication Service. The good news for those of you who have limited budgets is that you can enable this service 'FREE' for your Global Administrators which I would highly recommend to give your Global Admin Accounts that extra level of security!

I have thrown together a quick blog post in order to guide you through the process which you can view here: Set Multi-factor Authentication for Microsoft Office 365 | James Evans - EduTech's Blog

Plenty of information regarding this new service is available on TechNet, Adding Multi-Factor Authentication to Windows Azure Active Directory

If you wish to deploy this to your entire user estate by 31st October, then you can get a promotional discount 0.64/month (unlimited authentications). If you sign up for this on the 1st November onwards then it will cost 1.28/month (unlimited authentications) which is still a fantastic price to provide you with that extra layer of security when using cloud services.

The great thing also, is that if use the mobile phone application you literally get a push notification which you would open and then click on the button 'verify' once pressed this then grants you access and logs you in to your online service. (you can enforce a 6 digit authentication code to be entered if you so wish) and you also have the option for SMS/CALL.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 12th October 2013 at 01:54 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread