+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cloud Services Thread, Meraki Systems Manager - anyone got it working? in Technical; Originally Posted by soveryapt Another thing to point out is if this is the PC System Manager you're talking about ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soveryapt View Post
    Another thing to point out is if this is the PC System Manager you're talking about (as opposed to the iOS / Android thing) then it won't work via Proxys (as in it won't read proxy information from the PC, so will only try on a direct connection).
    Ours check in fine through Smoothwall. I had to whitelist meraki.com and open a couple of ports on the firewall (not 80 or 443) but I think that's all it took for us. We use WPAD if that makes any difference.

Thank Post
    Bit of a random question (Sorry if it seems obvious - I don't wanna start out doing it one way then realise in a few weeks I should have done it another) - I'm going to add our laptops, desktops and iPads to Meraki. Should I create 3 different networks to manage the 3 different types of hardware or is it better to keep it all combined within one network?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    I can't think of any good reason why you would separate them. You can apply your own tags to devices so you can easily filter according to device type if required.

4. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

Nick_Parker (25th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Sorry, another arb question:

iOS

46.165.246.229, 74.50.56.176, 50.18.152.159 - TCP port 443
    * - TCP ports 2195, 2196, 5223

Is my understanding correct - I need to open port 443 to 46.165.246.229, 74.50.56.176 & 50.18.152.159 and I need to open 2195, 2196 & 5223 to ALL IPs?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Parker View Post
    Bit of a random question (Sorry if it seems obvious - I don't wanna start out doing it one way then realise in a few weeks I should have done it another) - I'm going to add our laptops, desktops and iPads to Meraki. Should I create 3 different networks to manage the 3 different types of hardware or is it better to keep it all combined within one network?
    Don't forget, if you're using this and need to set any kind of proxy settings then Meraki won't pick up on them as it trys to use a direct connection, but as already has been said, use their filtering. I have a few networks within my own login, but this is to handle different small clients I look after so I have a network per client.

Thank Post
    I've definitely done something wrong somewhere.
    I've just downloaded the Meraki App onto my iPhone and enrolled myself and I'm getting the "Waiting for MDM enrollment to complete" message.
    I'm connected to 3G so no firewalls or port forwarding issues

Thank Post
    Well submitted all the ports and Amazon IP for us to the LA and they duly sorted it out for my schools, checked a tablet and it updated and checked in which it never did before. Need to do some more testing when I get chance.

Thank Post
    Your link had the usual MS crap in it when copying out of OWA .. so here's the clean version .. https://kb.meraki.com/knowledge_base...om-s3amazoncom

Thanks for that, didn't notice it when I just copied and pasted it! At least I know for next time, thanks for posting the correct info for me.

10. Thanks to TechSupp from:

soveryapt (26th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Parker View Post
    I've definitely done something wrong somewhere.
    I've just downloaded the Meraki App onto my iPhone and enrolled myself and I'm getting the "Waiting for MDM enrollment to complete" message.
    I'm connected to 3G so no firewalls or port forwarding issues
    Enrollment is normally done by going to m.meraki.com and entering the code that you get from your Meraki dashboard for that network (123-123-1234) then the app just adds function to the device. You might also be able to register through the app, but I've never tried to be honest.

Thank Post
    I have a question for you all! Any help would be great!

So I have my test iPad which I am trying to enrol on to Meraki. So I do the goto m.meraki.com and put in my code and install the profile. Great!! My iPad shows up in system manage I click on it and its all there. all the info about my iPad.
    So i am think yes it has worked!!! NO NO NO I tried to lock my iPad and nothing just sits at pending, same goes for everything I try to do.

I am thinking it is being block coming in to our school because I am sending the command from my Mac that is on a public connection and my iPad is on a restricted connection

What do you guys think?

Thank Post
    Have similar issues, seems to work...but not quite. Have had all the settings set on the LA, new ones don't seem to enrol but...exiting ones I did off site are able to refresh to the console at school and I managed to set an app to install on the android tablet and it appeared as a notification to install at school just fine. iPads that are enrolled (IOS6) have a similar thing, I know that they are enrolled, they report their position but don't show in the console that they have connected recently and their status icon is grey whereas some of the android tablets do show green status icons? I know the iPads are not turned off as I asked they to be left on so that I could check their location if "borrowed"!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Have similar issues, seems to work...but not quite. Have had all the settings set on the LA, new ones don't seem to enrol but...exiting ones I did off site are able to refresh to the console at school and I managed to set an app to install on the android tablet and it appeared as a notification to install at school just fine. iPads that are enrolled (IOS6) have a similar thing, I know that they are enrolled, they report their position but don't show in the console that they have connected recently and their status icon is grey whereas some of the android tablets do show green status icons? I know the iPads are not turned off as I asked they to be left on so that I could check their location if "borrowed"!
    Who is your ISP?
    ours is CLEO. Was thinking off phoning them today to check if the port that Meraki use are open.

Thank Post
    We get our connection from Doncaster LA, they were actually quite helpful when I put the request in for the ports and amazon ip etc. wish it wold work fully mind. May just go to an iPad and manually get it to refresh and see what I does. Enrolling is not a big issue here as not many tablets and if we get more would not be many at a time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tantos82 View Post
    Who is your ISP?
    ours is CLEO. Was thinking off phoning them today to check if the port that Meraki use are open.
    I'm on CLEO here. All the stuff for enrolling iOS / Android is open and useable via the m.meraki.com website. I can confirm that I've already spoken with OCL about it all and the various ports are open as a lot of CLEO schools are starting to use Meraki for their infrastructure as well as mobile device stuff.

If you're wanting to use Meraki to manage your desktops / laptops then you will find it hard as one way or another, you need to go through the proxies with CLEO, which means that because the desktop app (the little MSI you can download from Meraki) doesn't pick up on system proxies, nor does it allow you any way of injecting proxy settings into it (and it's not something Meraki are looking to support just yet by the looks of it) then you're going to really struggle.

Thank Post
    I'm on CLEO here. All the stuff for enrolling iOS / Android is open and useable via the m.meraki.com website. I can confirm that I've already spoken with OCL about it all and the various ports are open as a lot of CLEO schools are starting to use Meraki for their infrastructure as well as mobile device stuff.
    I can

I still cant get our iPads to enrol. Well I can get them to enrol through the m.meraki.com web page but in the manage side I have no control over the iPad that I have enrol. Its just says "Client synchronization is not yet complete" If CLEO have open the ports it must be something on site.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast