+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cloud Services Thread, VERY slow connecting Outlook 2007/10 to Office 365... only when logged onto Domain in Technical; Your Internal DNS Forward Lookup Zone should be pointing to "autodiscover.outlook.com" ; are you saying that it is taking a ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Your Internal DNS Forward Lookup Zone should be pointing to "autodiscover.outlook.com" ; are you saying that it is taking a long time for that to resolve?

obviously if your domain is the same as your external domain just ensure that it is the same both internal / external, usual stuff.

In regards to ADFS you need to ensure that you have a A record in place for your ADFS.DOMAIN.CO.UK or which ever you have used so that your internal clients can hit your ADFS Server without going via the proxy, and then when your clients go external they should resolve using public DNS and then go via the ADFS Proxy.

If your clients use Internal DNS when External also, i.e. Direct Access then you could setup an exclusion. If they are using a VPN Service then you could probably setup an exclusion on this also so that it forces your clients to use the External IP of that A Record.

James.

Thank Post
    I'm having the same issue as themightymrp. Outlook 2010/2013 slow connecting to Office 365 when PC is connected to the domain. When not connected it works fine. Anyone had any luck on this one yet?

Thank Post
    Is your internal FQDN the same as your external?

Thank Post
    I've just found some entries in AD Sites and Services that are linked to our old Exchange server which I think might be causing the issue. I'll post back my results.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kellow87 View Post
    I've just found some entries in AD Sites and Services that are linked to our old Exchange server which I think might be causing the issue. I'll post back my results.
    If you figure this out please let me know!! I am still having the same issues.

I have tried, as a test, adding the internal IP address mapped to the adfs.school.co.uk by modifying my local HOSTS file. This hasn't made any difference though

Thank Post
    I have removed all records relating to our old Exchange server in Sites and Services and Outlook setup is still slow...grrrrrrr. Ran out of options but will keep investigating.

Thank Post
    Boooo! You were supposed to be my saviour Will keep trying things here too and will post any results

Thank Post
    Sorry about that. Just tried Office 365 support. Because the issue is a domain issue rather than an Office 365 issue they weren't able to help. Just out of interest, did you add those entries to a HOST file on your DC's?

Thank Post
    No, just on my local PC. Wasn't sure what the impact would be if I did it on the server tbh? I didn't want to down everyones email by mistake lol

Thank Post
    Just an idea, is your Exchange server still on your domain? We have yet to remove it from our domain.

Thank Post
    Hi Themightymrp,

I'm not sure about Outlook 2007, but i do know that Outlook 2010 needs Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 to be installed to correctly connection to Office 365 Hosted Exchange. On Windows 7 computers there are a bunch of other Office and Outlook updates before you will see Office 2010 SP2, the SP2 install is it's own update. I have had this as random problems with many clients, all of which when they have done the update for Office 2010 SP2 goes away.

Thank Post
    @kellow87 - unfortunately we have never had an Exchange server on site, our previous ISP hosted the email for us
    @ajapierce - I am already running Office 2010 SP2 and it hasn't made any difference

Thank Post
    Good news, our issue has now been sorted. It must have just taken a day for the changes to replicate across the domain. It seems that deleting those entries from AD Sites and Services was the cause. I have attached a picture of the folder I deleted. Just delete the server name folder. Double check the attributes of those files in those folders beforehand ensuring they are linked to your previously hosted Exchange. I'm not sure how to then force replication over your domain. Or you could just wait 24 hours for the changes to take effect. Anything else you want to know let me know.

SCP object.jpg

Thank Post
    Good news! Thanks to @Cache and @drsox I have solved my issue. Annoyingly, all that was required was to remove the tick box in internet explorer for 'Bypass proxy for local addresses'.!!! That's is, nothing else - it's now running perfectly

uke

Thank Post
    I am having issues with this and have just found this link which suggests the problem is 365 not liking proxy servers. Unticking 'Bypass proxy for local addresses' is one of the suggestions

Outlook takes several minutes to connect to Exchange Online (O365) - Michael O'Donovan's Office 365 World - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12