+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cloud Services Thread, [Office 365] dirsync and changed username in Technical; Hi, Is this still not working? once the users have been filtered out in DirSync (FIM) then upon the next ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Is this still not working? once the users have been filtered out in DirSync (FIM) then upon the next sync task it will move the user objects to the 'Deleted Users' Group. They will reside in here for 30 days and then be permanently removed.

Let me know if you are still having difficulty.

James.

Thank Post
    just checked my office365 portal and it says sync was less than 2 hrs ago, but all the original users are still there. I edited it last night about 10pm to stop the entire forest to just one OU container with about 6 users in there. dirsync server still says sync complted when I do a full sync
    go to be something simple

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Have you double checked the configuration to ensure that all of the stops mentioned in the following article have been completed: User soft-delete and Dirsync filtering enabled - Microsoft Education in the Cloud - Site Home - TechNet Blogs / Installing and Configure DirSync with OU level filtering for Office365 - Denotation - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Regards
    James.

Thank Post
    defo checked sync says success and only one ou selected. the manual is slightly different I think as its based on a older version of dirsync.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andybarker27 View Post
    defo checked sync says success and only one ou selected. the manual is slightly different I think as its based on a older version of dirsync.
    Did you run a Full Import once you had made the modifications. When the job is running in FIM can you see it filtering out the objects?

dirsync_91.PNG

Thank Post
    this is what I have
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    this is what I have
    Ok, Can you check to see if all of the accounts are still active or if some have been deleted. I have just tested it in my lab here and I can see from the 20 objects in a filtered out OU that only 17 were deleted according to FIM which means I need to investigate why the other 3 haven't been deleted.

Can you force a DirSync via PowerShell:

navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Online Directory Sync. Then start the Directory Sync Configuration Shell by typing.\DirSyncConfigShell.psc1

Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync
    If you could answer my question, and then I can concentrate on a specific area as I think I am on to something here but just need to check.

Thanks,
    James

Thank Post
    James thanks for taking time to try and help me, its very much appreciated. Just realised I am also following you on twitter :-)
    I have just forced sync via powrshel.

the users within my AD are al still active, I cant delete these as they are stll needed. these till also appear on office365

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    James thanks for taking time to try and help me, its very much appreciated. Just realised I am also following you on twitter :-)
    I have just forced sync via powrshel.

the users within my AD are al still active, I cant delete these as they are stll needed. these till also appear on office365
    So all of the users you have filters out ALL show within the user management portal on Office 365?

You may need to open a case with Microsoft Support as further information about your tenancy might required, but I will do my best to try and get it sorted here. What I have just done is the following.

I have a User Account that was in a Filtered Organizational Unit that was showing in Office 365, but the other users in the OU were deleted. I am just investigating the differences to try and find out why that particular object would not want to remove itself on the Office 365 portal. I think I know why, but I need to confirm during some tests before I actually tell you. :-)

I know you have probably said this already, but are all your users using someone@tenant.onmicrosoft.com address?

Thanks,
    James.

Thank Post
    well that's strange as ive not changed anything, but yet all my users on office365 have gone. but the OU that is meant to sync no users have appeared.

I ran the powershell cm last night too

Thank Post
    I added in my email domain name to the active directory trust, the OU I set to sync didn't have any users. someone has moved them out :-( just created a new user with the UPN set to my email domain name. now just waiting for sync to hopefully see good results. Technology!!! lol

Thank Post
    worked yippee :-) @james thanks so much for your help this morning.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey No Problem! :-)

I think once you have a Fun a FULL-IMPORT FULL-SYNC you have to also go ahead and run the PowerShell command for it to actually take effect.

So, When you have made the relevant changes to your Source-AD and filtered out your objects, you need to right click on the Source-AD and then select Run and then FULL-IMPORT FULL-SYNC. Once this has then been completed, you need to navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Online Directory Sync. Then start the Directory Sync Configuration Shell by typing.\DirSyncConfigShell.psc1

Once the command line window opens, run Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync and then your objects will be removed from Office 365.

If you see behaviour where by, most of the objects have been removed for certain objects are left behind then you may need to open a case with Microsoft Support in order for these objects to be removed from WAAD by force!

Glad that is sorted then.

</case closed> :-)

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 5th October 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Thank Post
    can just ask a few more questions about using it?

once users sync, can you get it t auto pick the correct license on office 365 and regional settings or do you still have to do this manually
    is it possible to have andyb as login to network and andy.barker as the email address

cheers james

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    can just ask a few more questions about using it?

once users sync, can you get it t auto pick the correct license on office 365 and regional settings or do you still have to do this manually
    is it possible to have andyb as login to network and andy.barker as the email address

cheers james
    Hi,

There are Microsoft partners who have built solutions for automating this, but there's nothing that's part of the service. You could write a PowerShell script that will largely automate it, but not fully. You can use the following that I have used in the past to assign licences:

Connect-MSOLService
    $AccountSkuId="Insert SKU Here"
    $UsageLocation="GB"
    $LicenseOptions=New-MsolLicenseOptions -AccountSkuId$AccountSkuId
    $Users=Import-Csvc:\Users.csv
    $Users|ForEach-Object{
    Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName$_.UserPrincipalName -UsageLocation$UsageLocation
    Set-MsolUserLicense -UserPrincipalName$_.UserPrincipalName -AddLicenses$AccountSkuId-LicenseOptions$LicenseOptions
    }
    You can use a different primary SMTP address to your UPN if you so wish, just ensure that your UPN is configured as andyb@domain.co.uk and that in your ProxyAddressList you have SMTP:andy.barker@domain.co.uk, smtp:andyb@domain.co.uk

SMTP=Primary
    smtp=alias

I hope that helps,
    James.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12