+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 DirSync - STOPPED-SERVER-DOWN in Technical; Hi, I am having difficulty getting my domain to sync accross to Office 365. I have installed the DirSync tools ...

Thank Post

Office 365 DirSync - STOPPED-SERVER-DOWN

Hi,

I am having difficulty getting my domain to sync accross to Office 365. I have installed the DirSync tools many many times now and keep hitting the same error. The configuration runs great, but when I come to do a sync, two management agents run;

Active Directory Connector - SUCCESS
    Windows Azure Active Directory Connector - STOPPED-SERVER-DOWN

Every article I have found seems to suggest that this happens because the azure account has an expired password, but I have checked and this is not the case. I can use the account to connect to Office365 via Powershell from the same machine and I can login to the portal with no problems at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Mike

Thank Post
    Is this an existing dir sync server or a new one you can't get working ?

Matty

3. Thanks to mattysmith80 from:

mbedford (31st August 2013)

Thank Post
    Try resetting the password for the user in any case, even if it hasn't or isn't due to expire.

You'll need to run through the DirSync config again just to be on the safe side. I hit this issue the other day, bugged the hell out of me. Resetting the Office 365 user password sorted it.

5. Thanks to jamesbmarshall from:

Thank Post
    Its an existing one, I have come back to it after about 30 days of leaving it (due to summer break) and its not working. It has been working for the better part of 6 months.

Thank Post
    I have done James, several times... I think I have become an expert at resetting the password he he
    Last edited by mbedford; 27th August 2013 at 08:47 PM.

Thank Post
    maybe try creating a new global admin account?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbedford View Post
    Its an existing one, I have come back to it after about 30 days of leaving it (due to summer break) and its not working. It has been working for the better part of 6 months.
    And is DIRSync the only thing you have running on it ?

Only reason I ask is I had the same issue a few weeks back. Randomly the service stopped and wouldn't start then when I started looking into groups and security some weren't there. But they were services and accounts set up during the install.

So rather than spend ages trying to diagnose I just recreated the DIR Sync server

10. Thanks to mattysmith80 from:

Thank Post
    That's not a bad shout. Its on an application server at the moment with about 10 other licensing services for things like AutoCAD and SolidWorks etc...
    I think I will create a separate VM for it, for the sake of 2 hours work its worth ago.

The-Dude - Yes I did that today hoping that it would be fixed by doing that.

I will try a new server tomorrow.

Thanks
    Mike

Thank Post
    Yeh well we just had dir sync on its own server so was just easier to start again instead of spending a lifetime tracking the fault down

13. Thanks to mattysmith80 from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Can you please look at the event log, and give me the IDs that have been logged?

You might need to ensure you are running the latest version of the DirSync Software as I am sure you can see from recent threads on here many people have experienced issues recently.

Regards,
    James.

15. Thanks to EduTech from:

Thank Post
    hi james

I will take a look in the morning and post the events here here. As far as the dirsync versions go, it's the latest version as of today, I noticed that problem in the forum posts around this one, thanks for the suggestion though.

Mike

sent from my android phone

Thank Post
    Hello,

I have a built a new 2012 server today specifically for DirSync. Same error has occurred :-(

Please see eventlog entries below

ProvisioningServiceAdapter::ExecuteWithRetry: Action: Import, Attempt: 3, Exception: Microsoft.Online.Coexistence.ProvisionRetryExcepti on: Unable to communicate with the Windows Azure Active Directory service. Tracking ID: 003fd61a-b71d-4932-83aa-711b0c253d99 See the event log for more details. ---> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at https://adminwebservice.microsoftonl...ingservice.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A socket operation encountered a dead network 157.56.55.72:443
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Bool ean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(Transpo rtContext& context)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequest HttpOutput.GetOutputStream()

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequest HttpOutput.GetOutputStream()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.Send(TimeS pan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1. HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.SendRequest( Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Reques t(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(S tring action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.I nvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.I nvoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleRe turnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateI nvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at Microsoft.Online.Coexistence.Schema.IProvisioningW ebService.ReadBack(Byte[] inputCookie, Boolean isFullSync)
    at Microsoft.Online.Coexistence.ProvisionHelper.Invok eAwsAPI[T](Func`1 awsOperation, String opsLabel)
    at Microsoft.Online.Coexistence.ProvisionHelper.Commu nicationExceptionHandler(CommunicationException ex)
    at Microsoft.Online.Coexistence.ProvisionHelper.Invok eAwsAPI[T](Func`1 awsOperation, String opsLabel)
    at Microsoft.Azure.ActiveDirectory.Connector.Provisio ningServiceAdapter.<>c__DisplayClass7.<Import>b__6 ()
    at Microsoft.Azure.ActiveDirectory.Connector.Provisio ningServiceAdapter.ExecuteWithRetry(String actionName, Action action).

Thank Post
    Fixed it!

Turns out the Forefront TMG 2010 does not like Anonymous traffic on port 443. I had to create a very counter intuitive rule to allow this traffic past our firewall. I'm not going to post it here as its quite complex but if anyone experiences this problem and is using TMG2010, PM me and I will let you know what I did.

Thanks everyone for your help,
    Mike

Thank Post
    Hi Mike

I have PM'd you regarding your solution. hope you are able to help.

Thank Post
    Just replied :-)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread