+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cloud Services Thread, Dirsync + Password sync failing consistently after about 2 days. Event ID 611 in Technical; I have a ticket open with Microsoft, however I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. Steps I have ...
    Thank Post

Dirsync + Password sync failing consistently after about 2 days. Event ID 611

I have a ticket open with Microsoft, however I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Steps I have done:

Re-run configuration wizard

Uninstall dirsync, re-install dirsync

Stand up a brand new server, load dirsync from scratch

After roughly 2 days without fail I get this error and dirsync stops synchronizing passwords:

Password synchronization failed for domain: district.local. Details:
    System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKe y key, TValue value, Boolean add)
    at System.Collections.ObjectModel.KeyedCollection`2.I nsertItem(Int32 index, TItem item)
    at Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.PasswordS ynchronizationTask.UpdateObject(DirectorySearchBui lder searchBuilder, DirectoryAttributeSearchResult result, ChangeObject changeObject)
    at Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.PasswordS ynchronizationTask.BuildPasswordBatch(IList`1 passwordChanges, IEnumerable`1 changeObjects)
    at Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.PasswordS ynchronizationTask.BuildPasswordBatch(IList`1 changeSetObjects)
    at Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.DeltaSync hronizationTask.SynchronizeCredentialsToCloud()
    at Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.PasswordS ynchronizationTask.SynchronizeSecrets()
    at Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.Synchroni zationExecutionContext.SynchronizeDomain()
    at Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.Synchroni zationManager.SynchronizeDomain(SynchronizationExe cutionContext syncExecutionContext)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Evening,

Yes In fact I have just been working on this issue with another EduGeek member. Please ensure that you are running the latest version of DirSync Password Sync as explained the following KB Article: Directory synchronization stops working, and Event ID 611 is logged

As explained in that KB, Ensure you review the steps in this article which show you how to upgrade to the latest version: Install or upgrade the Directory Sync tool

I need to check this again in the morning, but it appears that this has been resolved by:

- Un-Installing DirSync
    - Restarting Server
    - Install Dirsync
    - Re-Run Configuration Wizard

You said that you have done this already, so I am a bit shocked that this has not fixed the problem for you.

Please review and let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks,
    James.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply James, I've read that KB...the version of DirSync I'm using I downloaded off the portal on Sunday when I rebuilt the server. It's product version 1.0.6455.0815, 183MB. You are correct uninstalling dirsync, rebooting and reinstalling will work, but it blows up in about 2 days. I will have to do that tonight as I have 18,000 users and not being able to sync passwords is a bit of a problem. The ticket has been escalated in MS support. Let me know if you figure anything out with the other person you are working with. I've re-run your steps above at least 6 times....frustrated.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
    Thanks for the reply James, I've read that KB...the version of DirSync I'm using I downloaded off the portal on Sunday when I rebuilt the server. It's product version 1.0.6455.0815, 183MB. You are correct uninstalling dirsync, rebooting and reinstalling will work, but it blows up in about 2 days. I will have to do that tonight as I have 18,000 users and not being able to sync passwords is a bit of a problem. The ticket has been escalated in MS support. Let me know if you figure anything out with the other person you are working with. I've re-run your steps above at least 6 times....frustrated.
    Hi,

OK You have been having this for some time, I will speak to by MS Chaps to see if I can find some further information as i will be interested in knowing what is happening.

Many Thanks,
    James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh dear, this looks familiar. I did the reinstall last night and its working this morning, but will keep an eye on it. Google did seem to indicate a bigger problem at microsoft's end.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    And ours has just gone bang again as well. Glad I didn't close the ms support ticket down the other night.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @the_dude did Microsoft get back to you with anything?
    @EduTech & @ jamesbmarshall is there any general info from Ms that you could share?
    Last edited by robk; 23rd August 2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ok seems @jamesbmarshall didnt work before. Maybe should learn to spell!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi - I am not aware of any issues at the moment although hearing many people having the above problem. All of my customers generally use ADFS but I'm doing some digging.. just waiting to speak to some of the support chaps to see if they know of any issues at the moment to see if i can find out where to look.

It is recommended that if you are having this problem that you generate a Service Request and speak to one of the Support Representatives as they have the Escalation Powers.

Regards,
    James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Might be worth keeping an eye on/adding to this thread: Re: Dirsync - Password synchronization failed - Directory integration services - Office 365 - Microsoft Office 365 Community - looks like there is one problematic user.

I can't download the DirSync from the admin portal to see what version it is (I just get Error 500).

Thank Post
    @robk nothing yet. I have 2 tickets open with MS on this. Both are escalated. I'm going to give this until Monday and then I'll probably ping my MS partner and see if they can escalate it quicker. It's blown up twice since starting this thread.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can you send me a PM with your SR and if you know the escalation engineer assigned let me know who that is also and ill see if I can help.

Cheers,
    James.

Thank Post
    Apparently a new version of DirSync came out on the 19th. MS support tells me it fixes the problem...I'll install it tonight and report back.

14. Thanks to the_dude from:

robk (23rd August 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That is why I linked you to the KB Article. Did both of you download the latest version?

@robk did you download the latest version, or did you re-install your existing one?

FYI - The latest release as far as I understand that is GA is version: 1.0.6467.10

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 24th August 2013 at 10:00 AM.

16. Thanks to EduTech from:

robk (24th August 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I reinstalled the existing, so hoping I can fond the new version and install over the weekend.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast