+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, RM Site Creator for Office365 in Technical; Hi All, Just thought I would say, we started to use the RM Site Creator tool (utilised through RM Unify) ...
    Thank Post

Cool RM Site Creator for Office365

Hi All,

Just thought I would say, we started to use the RM Site Creator tool (utilised through RM Unify) for Office365 yesterday (it came out fully last week to purchase) and it's pretty immense!

We found it to be very easy to use (great for us to use with our O365 schools) and it built our sites in Office365 with ease (and fairly quickly)

It will customise all of your themes and look and feel of sites from the Site Collection (and it will even design multiple site collections in one tenancy!)

Once it's done with all that - it sets up permissions (generic ones, but pulls them all through from RM Unify - creating Domain Groups) You can then manipulate these as you see fit if you want to adjust things.

It also adds some default content to the pages for you - you delete this easily if it's not for you and set up the page as you want.

If that wasn't enough (and we thought the tool was going to be a one hit wander) it then allows you to go back in to it and start adding content (team sites, pages etc etc) It will also ask you to set up permissions for these sites as well!.

We had a play with some backend O365 stuff to see if it would break the tool if we went back in to use it to add content and nope, it worked perfectly out the box!

All I have to say is well done RM! Can't wait for any further improvements to the service, such as allowing it to add even more content and manipulate more permissions and maybe allowing you to use the tool to create your public site in O365 as well!

It's certainly a much better option for our schools to use than sitting their creating O365 from scratch and it taking weeks before they finally loose interest!

This allows them to get up and running quickly, with the more intuitive feel of O365 against what we had previously (SharePoint2007) this will only help with user adoption and usage!

Just need Microsoft to offer Parent accounts now! Come on Microsoft sort it out (along with some of the other bizarre things in O365!)

Rich

Thank Post
    We have just started to using this too and I must say I am hugely impressed.

Things that need adding are the ability to further divide permissions into class groups or form groups (rather than just 'Students') but I'm sure this will come in time.

Looking forward to seeing how this product develops.

3. Thanks to njralph from:

funkyfin2000 (24th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Yup, tie it up to RM Unify that already does Single Sign On and provisioning to about 25 3rd party Cloud services (I note theres a number of companies jumping to do this now they have realised Learning Platforms are dieing!) then you are on to a winner!

RM Unify is also impressively growing - agreements with more companies appear to be flowing month on month! Great news.

Agree on permissions - although knowing how the provisining works at the moment i guess it will take a bit of work but I hear theres only good things to come!

Thank Post
    If anyone is interested in RM Site Creator and what it is capable of, we have just published this YouTube video.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread