+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Cloud Services Thread, Easymail migration to Office 365 in Technical; We were about to go ahead with this via SWGfL and were told that there had been "issues" with lost ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,758 Posts

Easymail migration to Office 365

We were about to go ahead with this via SWGfL and were told that there had been "issues" with lost emails, emails going into random folders and other things. We were told to wait until this was addressed and so far it has been over a month.
    We really want to get this sorted, not least because we are going to have to pay for another year of easymail if we don't get to it soon.
    Does anyone know about any of these issues or anything? I would be grateful for info on whether anyone has lost data in a migration whether via SWGfL or not, and any other info such as ongoing issues with mail delivery etc
    The LA knew nothing about these issues and, when asked, SWGfL were unable to tell us if we could have a refund if we have to pay for another year of easymail and then they manage to sort out the migration. Bizarre as they are both RM really!

2. Thanks to witch from:

speckytecky (6th November 2013)

Thank Post
    An update
    I emailed to find out if there were still issues, as I had heard nothing despite being promised an update.
    I got an email detailing their new "subscription" service at £300 pa to set up Office 365 and migrate the email for you. I was then told that if I just wanted the email moved then I would have to fill in a change request.
    Cue a couple of days of problems as I couldn't log in to the change request part of the "Electronic Services Interface" site. I emailed the person who told me to go there, making it clear that I had got on to the main site, and she just SENT ME THE LINK AGAIN because obviously I am too stupid to click on it.
    After a lot of toing and froing with the service desk, including two emails from them that took 45 minutes to get to my email!!, I managed to log in. All there was was an Office 365 button which was plainly just for filling in the details of an Office 365 account you set up with Microsoft - Mx records, that sort of thing. NOTHIING about migrating emails from EasyMail to Office 365.
    So back I go to the original dept, only to be told by someone else that they still didn't recommend migrating as there had been issues with losing emails etc. I pointed out that it was BEING ADVERTISED as part of this subscription service but she just kept repeating that there had been problems....I still couldn't get an answer as to whether they were still offering the service free as they had promised.
    So she put me through to the service desk. Who couldn't answer me, and directed me back to the ESI site, which I could no longer log into! Eventually that got sorted (again) but I am no nearer to knowing whether SWGfL will migrate our email for free or not. I suspect not, but I am going to kick up a huge fuss as the last email I sent, back before the summer, was a "YES" to the service and at no point did they say that they were no longer offering it- just to hang fire as there had been problems.
    So far I have spent several hours on this and have got nowhere.
    /rant

Thank Post
    How many users have you got? Might be easier to migrate yourself? Export to a PST, reimport into Office 365, if you didn't want to use the automated tools. That said I've heard of local schools using the automated tools without problems. So I'm not sure what their reasoning is.

Sounds like they're selling this. RM Microsoft Office 365 Services | RM Shop
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 6th November 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Thank Post
    I don't think I understand the process well enough to do it myself - what would I export to a pst? Is it done individually or en-masse?

We have about 60 users
    Last edited by witch; 6th November 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I don't think I understand the process well enough to do it myself - what would I export to a pst? Is it done individually or en-masse?

We have about 60 users
    Export all mail, calendars and contacts from Outlook to a PST file and then re-import them to the new Office 365 mailbox you set up for them. It's a relatively simple process to be honest but done individually this way and is just a little time consuming rather than difficult.

7. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

speckytecky (6th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Don't use Outlook. Just EasyMail as webmail

Thank Post
    Ah. I see. Probably that's the issue then and it's probably at their end rather than Microsoft. I don't know how Microsoft would connect to a web based email service to move mail across.

Thank Post
    No, nor do I. Completely lost now

Thank Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread slightly, but are there any bulk mail migration tools, or does it always boil down to a case of migrating individual accounts with Outlook?

We need to migrate around 120 staff accounts from one O365 tenancy to another.

Thank Post
    Please dont hijack - I really need to hear opinions on my plight and any help.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,506 Posts
    When we moved from easymail to live@edu I uploaded a csv to via the admin bit of live@edu and it imported the mail in to their new mailboxes.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    When we moved from easymail to live@edu I uploaded a csv to via the admin bit of live@edu and it imported the mail in to their new mailboxes.

Ben
    ...and? Is that the same as Office 365?

Thank Post
    hmmm actually scrub that we moved from the lea easymail to the lea google mail to our own live@edu.

I'm pretty sure we lost easymail emails at the time and started again with the googlemail, we did migrate the google mail content.

I think it's down to wether you have external access to the emails in easymail such as imap.

Email migration

Ben
    Ben

Thank Post
    A service like this https://www.migrationwiz.com/Default.aspx might be able to help.

They reckon they can move anything to Office 365

Ben

17. 2 Thanks to plexer:

speckytecky (6th November 2013), witch (6th November 2013)

Thank Post
    At $10 a mailbox I don't think the boss would go for it though...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast