+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 345
Cloud Services Thread, Easymail migration to Office 365 in Technical; Originally Posted by plexer hmmm actually scrub that we moved from the lea easymail to the lea google mail to ...
  1. #16

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,116
    Thank Post
    403
    Thanked 619 Times in 566 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    hmmm actually scrub that we moved from the lea easymail to the lea google mail to our own live@edu.

    I'm pretty sure we lost easymail emails at the time and started again with the googlemail, we did migrate the google mail content.

    I think it's down to wether you have external access to the emails in easymail such as imap.

    Email migration

    Ben
    Ben
    I think you're right. The first starting point is to find out whether you have POP3/IMAP access to the email server for these accounts.

  2. #17

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,343
    Thank Post
    624
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Rep Power
    414
    373 based on your 60 users.

    If you have imap access to the easymail servers and you should have then Migrate IMAP mailboxes to Exchange Online: Roadmap - Office 365 for enterprises makes it look possible to be able to do it yourself.

    If you want to PM me some more info we can look at it together if you want.

    Ben

  3. 2 Thanks to plexer:

    speckytecky (6th November 2013), witch (7th November 2013)

  4. #18
    Gongalong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    868
    Thank Post
    776
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Please dont hijack - I really need to hear opinions on my plight and any help.
    Apols, new thread created.

  5. Thanks to Gongalong from:

    witch (7th November 2013)

  6. #19
    jamesbmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    513
    Thank Post
    26
    Thanked 228 Times in 158 Posts
    Rep Power
    85

  7. Thanks to jamesbmarshall from:

    speckytecky (6th November 2013)

  8. #20

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,111
    Thank Post
    1,368
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    373 based on your 60 users.

    If you have imap access to the easymail servers and you should have then Migrate IMAP mailboxes to Exchange Online: Roadmap - Office 365 for enterprises makes it look possible to be able to do it yourself.

    If you want to PM me some more info we can look at it together if you want.

    Ben
    Thanks Ben
    I don't think I have access to the easymail servers and have never seen anything suggesting that I could have.(unless someone knows different?) I will speak to the boss about paying for migration - I know it doesn't seem a lot of money but at the moment we actually don't have any
    Looks like I would need imap access for all these migration solutions - I tend to think that they won't let me have it
    Last edited by witch; 7th November 2013 at 07:51 AM.

  9. Thanks to witch from:

    speckytecky (7th November 2013)

  10. #21
    speckytecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,497
    Thank Post
    3,372
    Thanked 256 Times in 209 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    109
    Thanks for raising this thread @witch - it's extremely useful. Same predicament here!!

    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Thanks Ben
    I don't think I have access to the easymail servers and have never seen anything suggesting that I could have.(unless someone knows different?) I will speak to the boss about paying for migration - I know it doesn't seem a lot of money but at the moment we actually don't have any
    Looks like I would need imap access for all these migration solutions - I tend to think that they won't let me have it

  11. #22

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,111
    Thank Post
    1,368
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    I'm very interested in any solution too, @plexer

  12. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    12
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Witch,
    I am about to do the same thing you are doing. I also spoke to SWGFL about 4 months ago about the migration and they said it was a free service but there were a few delays - that has obviously now changed. I have since synced all users via windows azure link up and verified an alternate domain name ready, so mailbox migration is the next step...
    I just wanted to add that after looking at the imap migration tool, I think it should work for you. Have you ever set a user up at your school with an imap mailbox on outlook? The incoming mail server just gets set to imap.domainname.gloucs.sch.uk.
    Let me know what stage you are at and we can probably do the project together.
    Andy

  13. Thanks to Jenkia from:

    witch (7th November 2013)

  14. #24

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,343
    Thank Post
    624
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Rep Power
    414
    @witch @speckytecky doing some testing with the details Geoff provided me at the moment.

    SWGfL Electronic Service Interface

    If you can setup an outlook client and get it to connect to your service via imap then you are good to go and you can use the built in Office 365 migration tools but you will need to have the usernames & passwords for all the accounts.

    If you don't have imap access ask if it's possible to get it.

    Alternatively if you only pop3 access what you could do is setup your new users in office 365 and then they add their easymail accounts as external ones which will then suck in all their old emails.

    Contacts and calendars are going to be more difficult and probably not achievable if you only have pop3 access.

    Ben

  15. #25

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,111
    Thank Post
    1,368
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    Erm....
    Sorry - stupid here - don't understand what you mean by "setup an outlook client and get it to connect to your service via imap"
    (I've got all the usernames and passwords -well nearly all of them)
    I have made several phone calls this morning and no one seems to know who to speak to to get imap access, or even if it is possible.
    I dont know if I only have pop3 access - I'm presuming so...
    I did wonder about having external email accounts. TBH I haven't ever set up an Outlook account or anything - at home mrwITch has done all that!

  16. #26

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,111
    Thank Post
    1,368
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenkia View Post
    Witch,
    I am about to do the same thing you are doing. I also spoke to SWGFL about 4 months ago about the migration and they said it was a free service but there were a few delays - that has obviously now changed. I have since synced all users via windows azure link up and verified an alternate domain name ready, so mailbox migration is the next step...
    I just wanted to add that after looking at the imap migration tool, I think it should work for you. Have you ever set a user up at your school with an imap mailbox on outlook? The incoming mail server just gets set to imap.domainname.gloucs.sch.uk.
    Let me know what stage you are at and we can probably do the project together.
    Andy
    So are you saying that we HAVE got imap access? This is getting more complicated by the second

  17. #27

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,343
    Thank Post
    624
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Rep Power
    414
    @witch did you read the SWGfL link I posted? you add an account in the full outlook client with imap as the connection type just to test if you already have imap access.

    I just added the test account Geoff gave me as a connected account to my Office 365 account.

    http://plextech.co.uk/wp-content/upl...email_test.png

    Interesting thing about that picture is that the connection port is 143 i.e imap so a migration using the Office 365 tools should work.

    Ben

  18. #28

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,111
    Thank Post
    1,368
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    I'm utterly lost
    Presumably you mean Outlook in Office 365. I don't have an account yet
    I can't even find where to go to set up an Office 365 A2 free account.
    I am sure to get it all wrong and lose everyone's emails. How on earth I would do it when I am only part-time and not here when the teachers aren't is beyond me.

  19. #29

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,343
    Thank Post
    624
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Rep Power
    414
    No I mean outlook as in the Microsoft email client or any other email client that supports imap connection, thunderbird will do it as well.

    Just to setup with your own account details to test if you can connect to the current service via imap this is nothing to do with Office 365 at this point.

    Ben

  20. #30
    jamesbmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    513
    Thank Post
    26
    Thanked 228 Times in 158 Posts
    Rep Power
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I can't even find where to go to set up an Office 365 A2 free account.
    http://microsoft.com/uk/office365edu

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25th May 2013, 07:51 PM
  2. Migrating Live@EDU to Office 365
    By mbedford in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd April 2013, 06:53 PM
  3. Migrate from RM Esaymail to Office 365
    By techie08 in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th October 2012, 01:57 PM
  4. Migrating staff email to office 365
    By tj2419 in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 6th October 2012, 03:25 AM
  5. Simple way to migrate to Office 2003
    By richard in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 9th May 2006, 08:55 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •