+ Post New Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Cloud Services Thread, Easymail migration to Office 365 in Technical; I'm sure it will pull in all emails: Connected accounts downloading old email - Email and calendar - Office 365 ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    I'm sure it will pull in all emails:

Connected accounts downloading old email - Email and calendar - Office 365 - Microsoft Office 365 Community

Suggests that it would.

Let me get my feet back on the ground and head in the game and I'll be in touch.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    I'm sure it will pull in all emails:

Connected accounts downloading old email - Email and calendar - Office 365 - Microsoft Office 365 Community

Suggests that it would.

Let me get my feet back on the ground and head in the game and I'll be in touch.

Ben
    Thanks Ben. I really cant see what to do now. The annoying thing is that I have three accounts and all three migrated successfully - giving me nothing to play with!

Thank Post
    I have now tried to connect two accounts and watched whilst the DH tried his - even putting in the IMAP stuff it doesnt work. He gets a message to say you cant connect to your own account which would imply that it hasnt picked up the IMAP thing. I get " the test connection was not successful - check username and password"
    Has anyone got ANY ideas as to what I can do? Or what I am doing wrong?

Thank Post
    I'm wondering if the whole thing is getting confused because you've used the same format for the username in Office 365 it shouldn't but as a test create a new O365 account for one of the failed users but use a different format i.e initial.surname or something and then try a migration or connected account setup for that.

Ben

Thank Post
    But if that was the case, then surely none would work given that the same info is given re the bulk migration - and 30 users did work? I will happily try another version though

Thank Post
    If you do not wish to alter the naming convention, you could try the CSV file with a modified 365 account as accountname@tenancy.onmicrosoft.com since this e-mail account will always remain valid regardless of what other domains you have assigned to your users.

So for example have jbloggs@witch.onmicrosoft.com,jblogg... dorset.sch.uk,mypasswordhere

Thank Post
    I'm just trying to rule out other things now as all logic with what Microsoft does has gone out of the window.

If you haven't already I would also log a service request with Microsoft that can be done through the admin portal.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredguy View Post
    If you do not wish to alter the naming convention, you could try the CSV file with a modified 365 account as accountname@tenancy.onmicrosoft.com since this e-mail account will always remain valid regardless of what other domains you have assigned to your users.

So for example have jbloggs@witch.onmicrosoft.com,jblogg... dorset.sch.uk,mypasswordhere
    I see why you would say that but as 30 out of 47 did migrate, I cant see why I would need to. Interesting thought though.

Thank Post
    So
    I have now removed one of the successful migrations from the bulk migration, and logged on as that person and tried to connect the accounts
    This time I got the "you are trying to connect to your own account" message as soon as I entered the IMAP settings - which is odd as they are exactly the same as for the bulk migration. It must be something I've done - but what? Or maybe I cannot connect accounts with the same address via this method
    I can't see where to log a service request either

I also have created a new user in Office 365 with a different format for the name - sm@ rather than ssmith@ and tried to connect the accounts with no success. It couldnt find the account
    Am I doing something really stupid?
    Last edited by witch; 11th December 2013 at 08:27 AM.

Thank Post
    Can ANYONE point me in the direction of any sort of solution? I have gone round and round on the web and cannot find anything of any use.
    At what point do I tell my boss that I just can't do it
    Have raised a service request but of course they will try and ring me and I am not here that often
    Last edited by witch; 11th December 2013 at 09:55 AM.

Thank Post
    Here's how to log a service request. Contact Support for a technical issue - Office 365 for enterprises

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Can ANYONE point me in the direction of any sort of solution? I have gone round and round on the web and cannot find anything of any use.
    At what point do I tell my boss that I just can't do it?
    When it gets to the point that it's taking up so much time, that you can't do anything else, I'd say. For the amount of time you've spent on this to do only a few mailboxes I'd say the price for a 3rd party to do it would be really appealing. And I am not undermining what you are doing either because you've got far in the process. I am just saying that you seem to have to work miracles in a small space of time and this is one of them jobs that isn't small. Plus, a 3rd party would probably have come across a ton of this stuff before so they'd just be able to storm through it.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 11th December 2013 at 09:41 AM.

12. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

witch (11th December 2013)

Thank Post
    There just HAS to be an obvious answer as to why they have failed and why I cant do the manual connection, even with an account that has shown that it migrates OK
    I want to understand...

Thank Post
    What if I got everyone to use Outlook for their easymail - I've just done it for one of my accounts - would it be easy to migrate then?
    I must admit I have had a look and cant really see how to do it

Could I set up their outlook - could they still access their email from the web so would they even have to know or see that I had done it?
    Last edited by witch; 11th December 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Thank Post
    @plexer and @Boredguy may already know the answer to this but as I understand it so far:

You have got the majority of your old (Easylink) accounts synced with your new accounts (O365) using IMAP. However you are now unable to connect the last couple of mailboxes manually even though all of the details are correct. Out of interest do you know the exact number of accounts that are currently synced? Could there be a hard limit of IMAP connections the Easymail server will allow?
    Last edited by foofighterjim; 11th December 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Thank Post
    You could use outlook to do it, you'd setup outlook to connect to the existing easymail account and save all the emails in a local pst file and then connect to the office 365 account and upload all that mail.

Use Outlook to Move Data Between Accounts

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread