+ Post New Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Cloud Services Thread, Easymail migration to Office 365 in Technical; Originally Posted by speckytecky Just a thought @ witch - you haven't by any chance switched over to SWGfL FTTC ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,630 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Just a thought @witch - you haven't by any chance switched over to SWGfL FTTC have you. We have and our upload speed has dipped from a pretty steady just over 10.00 Mbps to under 2.00 Mbps at times now. SWGfL are looking into this.
    Nope - we didnt

Thank Post
    It may be a sub-folder problem. Various threads suggest that it is email accounts that have a long list of subfolders under the inbox. I cant confirm that all 16-odd have the problem but I have checked three and they definitely do.
    Info is here:
    Inbox's sub folders are not migrated with IMAP migration tool - Email and calendar - Office 365 - Microsoft Office 365 Community
    and here:
    IMAP migration fails - Email and calendar - Office 365 - Microsoft Office 365 Community

this may well be why SWGfL stopped offering the service?
    Now what
    *edit
    I have just checked a successful migration and this particular user has so many folders that they run off the page (has she never thought about saving them ELSEWHERE!) so I'm not even sure that this is the issue
    Last edited by witch; 8th December 2013 at 09:36 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,415 Posts
    With a connected account emails will be pulled in until the easymail server is no longer available.

Perhaps that will work better than the migration would have to test perhaps using one of the failures?

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    By golly @witch - those two schools get some added value with you don't they. I hope that they let you claim all the overtime you give them.

Now for the oft expected numpty question from me! You mention saving messages from UnEasymail to other than the folders provided - I'd love to know how to do that myself - especially as my Bursar now has fast approaching 2GB in her folders; that come migration time if I lost any of them I'd be hugely in the deep, deep, doo da!!

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    It may be a sub-folder problem. Various threads suggest that it is email accounts that have a long list of subfolders under the inbox. I cant confirm that all 16-odd have the problem but I have checked three and they definitely do.
    Info is here:
    Inbox's sub folders are not migrated with IMAP migration tool - Email and calendar - Office 365 - Microsoft Office 365 Community
    and here:
    IMAP migration fails - Email and calendar - Office 365 - Microsoft Office 365 Community

Now what
    *edit
    I have just checked a successful migration and this particular user has so many folders that they run off the page (has she never thought about saving them ELSEWHERE!) so I'm not even sure that this is the issue

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,415 Posts
    For users where you have this sort of issue I think you may have to get them an outlook client licence to enable a local copy to be made.

Ben

6. 2 Thanks to plexer:

speckytecky (8th December 2013), witch (8th December 2013)

Thank Post
    @speckytecky
    did I? Where!
    It seems to be saying that the default folders are ok but the issue is if you have lots of folders you have created
    Tomorrow I will follow @plexer's instructions and try and do the connected account thing to see if that works. If it does, then I might go down that route as there aren't TOO many to do.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Highlighted in red below!

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Info is here:
    and here:

Now what
    *edit

Thank Post
    Ahh - I see, I thought you meant in another sort of Easymail folder.
    I was thinking of getting them to use Outlook - at least the emails will be saved on their own machines - but where? It cant be in their profile so I would have to make sure that it was saved somewhere that will be synced. But if we are going to office 365 then that is all moot. @plexer If I am going to try the connected account thing - presumably I need to take the account I am going to try out of the migration. At the moment all the accounts are still there, both failed and working.
    Will doing it that way pull in ALL the emails in the account
    Last edited by witch; 8th December 2013 at 06:32 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    To add their own account as a connected account:

Click the cog symbol next to the name on the top right of the screen.
    Click on options.
    Click on connected accounts.
    Click + symbol to add an account.

Follow the on screen instructions.

Ben
    So it asks for the same details as the migration endpoint? But will it bring in all the old emails, (inbox, sent, etc) and if it does, will it bring them in the folder structure that they are currently in?

Thank Post
    It should show them the same structure as already in easymail. They should then be able to drag the mail between accounts in a similar fashion to the migration (just not automatically)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredguy View Post
    It should show them the same structure as already in easymail. They should then be able to drag the mail between accounts in a similar fashion to the migration (just not automatically)
    Sorry - I dont understand what you mean. It asks for the same details as the endpoint. How would you drag the mail?
    Last edited by witch; 9th December 2013 at 07:57 AM.

Thank Post
    I removed one of the accounts that failed to migrate from the migration list
    I logged on to Office 365 as that user
    I followed the instructions to connect an account very very carefully. I have received an error message stating that a test connection to that account wasn't successful. Either the email address or password is incorrect
    But it isn't
    I have just logged on to the user's Easymail account with the same details successfully. And also started the connection wizard again, with the same result.
    I am at a loss now as to what to do, @Boredguy @plexer
    Last edited by witch; 9th December 2013 at 09:29 AM.

Thank Post
    Also - reading around the subject - the connection only downloads new emails so it wouldnt migrate all their old emails?

Thank Post
    Have you tried to connect the 2 accounts via outlook? It's very strange if 365 can not see those few accounts.

Thank Post
    We dont use Outlook. I don't know how to do that. I wouldnt be able to change someone else's email account anyway
    Last edited by witch; 9th December 2013 at 10:16 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread