+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Cloud Services Thread, Our users not very keen on the 'new' Office 365 upgrade!! :( in Technical; Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall This isn't the case; just tested selecting three documents and attaching in one go. Worked just ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    This isn't the case; just tested selecting three documents and attaching in one go. Worked just fine. I can select multiple files using Ctrl or Shift.
    Sorry, but it is the case! I am not likely to say it if it weren't true!!!!!!

We have just upgraded to the latest version of Office 365/Exchange online and we are using Windows 7 (32 bit) with IE9 and I can replicate the problem on every PC in our school.

The multiple-attachment functionality existed and worked fine on the version of Office 365 we were running last week, so I think I am pretty safe to say that its the upgrade which has broken this feature!!!

If you feel that we are missing something then I would be interested to hear where we are going wrong and what, specifically, you are doing to get it to work?

Thanks.

Andrew

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adhutton View Post
    Just been informed by some users that in the 'new' version of Office 365/Exchange Online they can no longer add or save multiple attachments to emails.

So, if they receive an email with several attachments they have to save them one-by-one or if they want to add multiple attachments to an outbound email they have to do them one-by-one and the usual Ctrl or Shift key methods no longer work!!!!

WTF????

Come on Microsoft, what are you playing at????

Andrew
    Try with firefox, I found that it sometimes happens with IE

Thank Post
    We have just upgraded to the latest version of Office 365/Exchange online and we are using Windows 7 (32 bit) with IE9 and I can replicate the problem on every PC in our school.
    If it's a widespread problem I'd suggest logging a support request.

The multiple-attachment functionality existed and worked fine on the version of Office 365 we were running last week, so I think I am pretty safe to say that its the upgrade which has broken this feature!!!
    Maybe, maybe not. I am running Windows 8.1 Preview with IE11 and it works. I haven't tried any other browsers, and I don't have another PC running a different OS build to test it on - all I can say is that it works on my system. If you're having issues with Windows 7 and IE9 (both of which are fully supported), then support are there 24x7 to help with this type of thing. It might be something simple, and if it's not then customer feedback is important and support is the right channel to track the issue.
    Last edited by jamesbmarshall; 9th July 2013 at 11:29 AM.

4. Thanks to jamesbmarshall from:

adhutton (9th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Just out of interest, WHAT are the problems people are experiencing.

Ive just upgraded our test account to see what doesn't work

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    This isn't the case; just tested selecting three documents and attaching in one go. Worked just fine. I can select multiple files using Ctrl or Shift.

The new OWA experience, whether you like the more modern interface or not (and that's entirely subjective), does bring some pretty neat enhancements that people have asked for.
    I have tried to use Shift or Ctrl to select multiple files on IE9 on Win7 but it does not work. I can confirm though that it does work on Chrome and Firefox.

Also the spell checker doesn't work on IE9 either.

I can however, confirm that the multiple selection works on IE10.
    Last edited by timbo343; 9th July 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Thank Post
    Tried on a Windows 7 running IE10, and OWA happily attached multiple files at once. Have you tried upgrading one of your machines to IE10 to see if that behaves, or tried another browser as suggested.

Thank Post
    Just had a long conversation with MS Support who were certain that IE9 should work for multiple files, but their technician could not get it to work either!

So, after much faffing about he recommended we start to use IE10!

I have installed IE10 on a test PC and I can confirm that multiple attachments do work (for us) on IE10.

Thanks for everyone's advice so far.

Andrew

Thank Post
    Aaaagghhhhhh..........!!!!

This goes from bad to worse!!!

I upgraded a couple of test PCs to IE10 and it does indeed fix the multiple attachments problem. However, another problem has now reared its head!

When using IE10 I have found that after a user logs out from their Office 365/Outlook online account and then tries to log back in it doesn't work!

All they get is the sign-in screen and the a loading page which just hangs forever and they cannot get in to their email.

Tried it on both test PCs with different Office 365 users and the same problem is apparent.

Downgraded one of the PCs back to IE9 and, voila, that problem is gone.......!!

I was a fan of Office 365, but this latest version is full of problems......

Andrew

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,246 Posts
    @jamesbmarshall - I think one feature still missing is being able to save e-mails, rather than just archiving them into a folder. Overall though the latest Office 365 is good and works perfectly with IE10. I agree there are some good improvements and I tell my users that it'll remain the same for the next 3/4 years, so get used to it! People always dislike change.

Thank Post
    Aaaagghhhhhh..........!!!!

This goes from bad to worse!!!

I upgraded a couple of test PCs to IE10 and it does indeed fix the multiple attachments problem. However, another problem has now reared its head!

When using IE10 I have found that after a user logs out from their Office 365/Outlook online account and then tries to log back in it doesn't work!

All they get is the sign-in screen and the a loading page which just hangs forever and they cannot get in to their email.

Tried it on both test PCs with different Office 365 users and the same problem is apparent.

Downgraded one of the PCs back to IE9 and, voila, that problem is gone.......!!

I was a fan of Office 365, but this latest version is full of problems......

Andrew
    So it seems like you are going to have to choose what you want. I think personally i would rather stick with IE9, i mean, the multiple file selection isn't that big a deal is it? Failing that, install google chrome and use a GPO to lock it down. The adm files are on here somewhere, if not, they are certainly on the net.

11. Thanks to timbo343 from:

adhutton (10th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Yes, I did think about Chrome.

It just seems ridiculous that a Microsoft product works better with a competitors browser than one of their own!

How to win friends and influence people...NOT!!!

Andrew

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,246 Posts
    I have to agree, it doesn't help users still on XP with IE8 and Vista with IE9. Some would say it was deliberate and really Microsoft no doubt could fix IE9 sooner than the end of 2013.

Thank Post
    I know! I too was surprised by what someone was telling me to. I really couldn't believe how their own browser wouldn't work with their own products.

Thank Post
    Is using Outlook not an option? It works brilliantly with that. Standard look and feel for all our staff and it's much better than using it web based.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Modey View Post
    Is using Outlook not an option? It works brilliantly with that. Standard look and feel for all our staff and it's much better than using it web based.
    Does that not require AD Integration/Single sign-on?

Andrew

Thank Post
    I don't think so, it might require some DNS changes so that the Autodiscover feature works correctly but I don't think SSO is needed. I can't say for sure though as we do have single sign on.

We are having headaches getting Outlook 2010 to connect to 365 correctly but that's down to our ISP blocking something. We are trying to get this sorted but it's hard as I don't really know what connections need to be open!! It works spot on when I'm at home using my home broadband!

The biggest bug bear for us with the new 365 is the lack of spell check support for older browsers (below IE10). We don't want firefox or chrome on machines but almost half of our workstations still run XP and are therefore limited to IE8! This is really causing some problems - why did MS decide to change the way this works?? It really seems like a step backwards to me.

Also, it REALLY REALLY is a memory hog on the Web App!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast