+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cloud Services Thread, Skydrive Pro - Syncing folder redirected documents in Technical; @ penfold try creating a new file in Onedrive, you should be given the options on which file type to ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @penfold try creating a new file in Onedrive, you should be given the options on which file type to try, this will open in the appropriate office web application.

Thank Post
    @bondbill2k2 - does that mean that you can only create new documents through OneDrive? I have done what you suggested, but it just seems that it is easier to navigate my documents on my hotmail account and I would have thought you could do the same with 365. If this is the case then that's fine, but I just want to make sure that is how to navigate the office 365 web page.

Ultimately I'm trying to get the OneDrive to sync, but I'm also trying to find files when I am using the web browser to check the same files. I was just expecting something a little different I think.

Just to clarify, to create/access office documents I need to first go into OneDrive before I can do this? Once I am there when I open the file it gives me the option of opening up in the web version of Office?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Just to clarify, to create/access office documents I need to first go into OneDrive before I can do this? Once I am there when I open the file it gives me the option of opening up in the web version of Office?
    You can also open your Onedrive files directly from Office 2013, with single sign-on configured it's a pretty convenient way, it appears very similar to opening or saving a file on your local computer. If you don't have SSO configured just select sign in.

Thank Post
    I think there is a problem with our single sign on. It seemed to be a little hit and miss as sometimes it took a couple of attempts to log into the web page and at first I just put it down to user error as other times you would just log straight in. I've run the MS Remote Connectivity Analyzer and it looks like there may be an issue with our server so I need to try and sort that out before carrying on.

I was hoping to be able to do what you have said and get OneDrive files to open in Office 2013 and as far as the user is concerned it could be a file on their computer.

Thank Post
    I thought a 365 account offered the web based version of Office and assumed it would look the same as my hotmail account?
    Office 365 Education does include the Office Online apps, through SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business. The Office 365 platform and the consumer platform are separate so they will look different.

6. Thanks to jamesbmarshall from:

penfold (22nd May 2014)

Thank Post
    I think there is a problem with our single sign on.
    Do you need SSO?

Deploying Office 365 Education? You don't need single sign-on, and here's why!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12