+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 Fax in Technical; Hello all, Is anyone using Office 365 with an online fax solution? I'm looking for something that will work with ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts

Question Office 365 Fax

Hello all,

Is anyone using Office 365 with an online fax solution? I'm looking for something that will work with OWA (the web version of Office 365) and not Microsoft Outlook 2010 configured to download e-mails from Office 365. Thank you!

Thank Post
    Something like this would work as all you have to do is send an email?

Fax to Email (Business VoIP & Technology Services) - Soho66

3. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

Michael (27th June 2013)

Thank Post
    +1 for the Soho66 service, on the whole its very good however, bear in mind its not very secure.

I once sent an attachment that was badly formatted, I think it was about a 10Mb PDF and it got stuck in their Fax system totally my fault but they rang me up to tell me that the Fax I had sent to the recipient (all details quoted, subject matter quoted and an extract of contents quoted) made me realise that they had the full attachment in front of them on the end of the phone!
    Whilst this was not a problem for me I realised then that using this type of service for confidential documents may not be a good idea.

5. Thanks to m25man from:

Michael (27th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    That's a very interesting point, but normal faxes (sent via a machine) aren't anymore secure or encrypted are they? Has anyone used eFax at all?

There do seem to be more solutions which allow you to send faxes as e-mails with an attachment, rather than an actual plugin or addon to the interface itself.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That's a very interesting point, but normal faxes (sent via a machine) aren't anymore secure or encrypted are they? Has anyone used eFax at all?

There do seem to be more solutions which allow you to send faxes as e-mails with an attachment, rather than an actual plugin or addon to the interface itself.
    Email messages can be viewed by multiple firewalls and third party software, making it a far less secure method of transferring data.

Traditional fax does provide the opportunity for people to obtain a physical copy of fax once transmitted, the paperless nature of cloud fax prevents this from happening. With cloud fax documents are not saved on the hard drive of the device used, so any physical loss of computers, laptops, tablets or smartphones will not compromise the shared information. Organisations like Sfax are HIPAA-compliant, and with designated Compliance Officers there are multiple administrative, organisational, and technical protective measures in place to ensure complete security.

Thank Post
    Fax is not secure what so ever, if you sent a fax to a school, if I knew the number of the fax and what pair cable is used for that number I could hop to the nearest phone cab or dig up a cable and pinch that pair and receive a fax I plug in on the line.

Organisations should be getting rid of fax, not only does it cost to send a fax, but if the recipient doesn't have say fax to folder/email setup it costs them to print the fax too.

Fax should be replaced by email, its cheaper, quicker as a basic a little more secure than a fax i.e. data cannot be picked up as it prints out, if you need secure there are secure email addresses that can be used.

Thank Post
    Traditional fax does provide the opportunity for people to obtain a physical copy of fax once transmitted, the paperless nature of cloud fax prevents this from happening.

Cloud faxing provides an extra layer of security as opposed to emails which can be hacked far more easily.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information