+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 student email filtering policies in Technical; Apologies all if this is on another thread, can anybody provide me with either a list of filtering policies to ...
    Thank Post

Office 365 student email filtering policies

Apologies all if this is on another thread, can anybody provide me with either a list of filtering policies to apply to student emails or a site with them on?

I want to create a filtering system which is up to par with our current LEA provided email but I'm not sure what to filter other than profanity key words

Cheers

Thank Post
    Our current LEA filter scans for viruses and Profanity. Office365 should scan for Viruses out the box.

How easy is it in Office365 to create a rule to scan for Profanity? What do you then do with it when it picks up these messages?

Thank Post
    To create a profanity filter is fairly easy, apart from you need to maintain the list of words/phrases yourself (so its good to learn kid speak & spellings!!).

All you do is in the Exchange Admin Centre, go to Mail Flow --> Rules. Create a new rule for incoming messages that scans the heading and body of the email. Tell it to block your list of keywords (optionally email the schools child protection officer if its bullying words) and then apply a second condition to only apply it to students. I have the 'Office' user variable set to 'Student' to help with my filters and just create a match on that.

We have the virus/spam filtering sorted. I can create a profanity filter like that mentioned above. I just want to know if there are other rules/conditions I should account for when checking student emails - I'm not too fussed for staff.

Cheers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread